All reviews sea chest cabin room whirlpool tub door county filtered water the king size bed the main road private porch never stay anywhere else small kitchenette restaurants and shopping many places great owners view of the water ice cream celebrate our anniversary a great place to stay
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Sea Chest Room which was adorable. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was massive and contained a whirlpool tub. The towels were fluffy and huge. The little kitchenette was great. The location was perfect for exploring the entire peninsula - you are less than 20 minutes away from everything. Restaurants and shopping are steps away. The town of Ephraim is beautiful. I would highly recommend this little inn to anyone looking to get away and relax for a few days.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review! We do our best at the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane and we're so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you back in Ephraim soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

My husband and I spent four nights at the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane. This was our second visit. We love the quaint graciousness of Helen’s suite from the handsome linens, jacuzzi and fireplace to the great location near restaurants, shops and art galleries. Best of all—the attentiveness of the owners. Our traveling companions mentioned to Alicia, the owner, that we were celebrating our anniversary. We came back to our room that evening to find a lovely bouquet of garden flowers and note cards from our hosts. Thank you for an enjoyable visit!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

We can't say enough about our super location. We love it when our guests, not only come back for our special touches, but our special spot on the map. Thanks for the lovely review and most importantly, the promise of "See you next year!".

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We were pleased to secure lodging at this highly rated inn in Ephraim,Door County,Wisconsin.

I would normally give our stay high marks as the room we stayed, Helen, was clean,convenient, and fairly priced.

My concern, which I experienced over our three days stay, was for an allergic reaction which likely from mold spores.

As this was a first floor unit which ,I am sure was not air conditioned when not in use, the smell on entering the unit was of a musty order.

If you have concern for mold spores or associated allergies stay away from this room.

I’ll be glad to give my allergies a break on leaving tomorrow morning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for your review – we always value opportunities to improve.

First, I am disappointed that we weren’t alerted to your discomfort. If so, I could have set about to find you other accommodations.

Second, you are absolutely correct. As a small business anything we can do to conserve really makes a large impact for us, so we do turn off the air while rooms aren’t in use. Our preference is to open wide the windows to let in the fresh Door County air – because we feel that is one of the reasons our guests come visit.

In our Pioneer Cottage, containing Helen’s Suite, we decided to preserve and restore the property’s original 175-year-old log cabin, which we think really gives that room character – not to mention a good story. I believe that the age of that room, combined with the uncharacteristic humidity of late, should have prompted us to use our A/C unit to freshen your room. I can assure you we do not have mold.

Again – I am sorry for your discomfort, but thank you for allowing us to host you and helping us constantly improve.

Warmly,
Alicia

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Centrally located within Ephraim. Within walking distance to the lake and Wilson's ice cream shop. Very nice and comfortable accommodations. We loved it and would return to this place for future stays.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thanks very much for your comments. We love to have a chance to get feedback from guests especially with vows to return.
Ephraim is the perfect northern Door village to make as your home base and our spacious rooms a perfect home away from home to relax after a day of being out and about.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We recently enjoyed our stay to celebrate our anniversary. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The owner was friendly and helpful. We appreciated the balcony view of the water. Would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple