“Delicious and Plentiful Ice Cream”

Wilson's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Ephraim
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Was told I had to get ice cream at Wilson's, so I went. Good advice. It was delicious! I had two scoops. Had I known the size of the scoop, I would have realized that one scoop is plenty. This was the largest two scoop serving of ice cream that I have ever had. I really liked both of the flavors that I selected - blueberry crunch & Door County Cherry. I took mine to go, which was the plan from the start. Good thing because the restaurant was crowded and I think there was a wait to get in for a table.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Their burgers are flame broiled and really good. We added a patty to our a la carte cheeseburger for only $1.50. The homemade root beer is really good. Getting ice cream can be a wait, but they have a number system (take a paper number just inside the door) and it goes pretty quick. Their scoops are generous in size!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Took a group of 10 here for the first time. It was quite crowded and congested at the ice cream counter. Being our first time it took some of us a few minutes to decide what to order. The staff was impatient and pretty short with us. That being said the ice cream was fantastic and huge portions. I guess when your product is so popular you can get away with less than stellar customer service.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Wilson's Restaurant, established in 1906, is a Door County icon. If you are in the Louvre in Paris, you have to see the Mona Lisa. If you are in St Peter's in Rome, you have to see the Pieta. Likewise, if you are in Door County, WI, you have to stop in at Wilson's.

There are two experiences you can have here. The easiest is to order some of their fabulous ice cream from the indoor counter. Don't be dismayed by lines out the door, the wait will be worth it.

Your other option is a lunch, dinner or snack. There are booths inside, but to get the full experience seat yourself at the outdoor patio beneath the red and white striped tented roof. Eat the lunch with a view if the harbor and watch cars go by on the curve into Ephraim. The menu has the basics of burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches. These are nicely done and quickly served by staff in cardinal red Wilson t-shirts.

My absolute favorite item is the Root Beer Float: frosted mug, three scoops of ice cream and root beer. It's the perfect summer treat. For an over-the-top Wilson experience, skip the protein, order the float AND an ice cream specialty. Wow. You can behave when you get back home.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Had a wonderful dinner and topped it off with a couple of their ice cream sundae specialties. Almost too much to eat....good thing there is a very nice place to walk along the bay.