“Excellent Thin Crust Pizza & Gelato!”

Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Ephraim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Excellent Thin Crust Pizza & Gelato! My wife & I ordered a 12 inch pizza with Cheese, Sausage, Green Olives & Sun Dried Tomatoes. We loved it! Excellent crust and very flavorful ingredients. The 12 inch is plenty for 2 adults. The price for the pizza was $15.75. They now have a selection of alcoholic drinks available.

We decided to have their Gelato also. They have three fruit flavored Gelato's which are dairy free and approximately a dozen other flavors made with milk. You can try a couple then make your selection. The Gelato's were very flavorful and lighter in calories than ice cream.

The atmosphere is casual. There is plenty of parking space. Our waitress had a great personality and was very friendly. The owner stopped by while we were eating to make certain we were pleased with everything. We have finally found a restaurant in "Upper Door" with good pizza and excellent staff.

PizzamanDick55, Owner at Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

We're glad you stopped by and had a great time. Thanks and hope to see you again soon. Dick

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Pizza was yummy! Waitress and the cooks were very pleasant. Gelato was really good.
Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

if you like thin crust this is your stop for pizza made hot and fresh love it. try and save room for gelato freshly made also but you can take some to go if you are too full. forest fruits is my favorite.

PizzamanDick55, Owner at Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thanks for coming in. We are glad you came and enjoyed your experience. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We ate at Joe Jo's recently for a Moms and kids Door County weekend getaway. We stopped here on a Sunday afternoon and were seated promptly. We ordered 2 baskets of breadsticks and a pizza. The kids gobbled up the breadsticks and we asked for another order. The waitress who I presume from conversation was one of the owners, she was happy to order more breadsticks but told us that since we still had marinara sauce left from our previous orders that she will not be bringing additional sauce out with the next order. Very odd.. The pizza was good, my son asked the waitress for a menu and she asked him sharply, "why do you need that", again very odd.

After pizza we did order a round of gelato. On the way out we thanked the the other owner and he didn't not even acknowledge us. There was one other couple in the restaurant.

Overall would not recommend based on the service. The food is decent. I understand they may be trying to save costs but when customers are feeling the pinch it does not lead to an enjoyable dinning experience.

PizzamanDick55, Owner at Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Sorry your experience wasn't up to your expectations. I don't think you were dealing with the owner as she left to see our newborn granddaughter. Hope you enjoyed your food. I also don't remember seeing you leaving because I will usually thank guests for coming in. Hope you'll give us another chance when in the area. Thanks

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Came here disappointed another restaurant down the road was not to open until May first on April 23 and thought "why not try out Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato". Well, I must say it was a very pleasant surprise. I met Dick the owner, who very pleasantly greeted me. He explained the story behind the making of some of the fantastic tasting home made gelatos, some of which are: chocolate peanut butter, German chocolate, blackberry-cherry, Kahlua Mint Chocolate, and my two favorites: Mama Mia, as well as Stracciatella as part of a root beer float. GREAT TASTING!!! I also tried their Spicy Beef Sandwich, with pepperonocinis, hot chilies and spices, along with pickles and chips. I really liked that as well!! I thought everything was pretty reasonably priced for Door County. Everything I bought cost about as much as a large cheese pizza. I really like the ambiance of Joe Jo's and would be more than willing to return for another nice simple meal.

PizzamanDick55, Owner at Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thanks for coming in and giving us a try. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. Hope to see you again soon.