“Surprisingly good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Very good local place. Looks like a normal bar, but the food is much better than bar food. The flank steak sandwich was open faced & the steak was soft with an Asian flair to it - highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (251)

Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

Spending time at the table at Lake Street Cafe was fantastic as always. A late lunch / early dinner was the perfect time to celebrate being together. The lavender gin cocktail and a creamy Prosecco were excellent to sip while enjoying Roasted Brussels and Escargot Cassoulet. Already looking forward to next time.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021

We moved to the area over 20 years ago(Fond du Lac), and have been frequenting Lake Street Cafe every since. I have been and always will be a value driven customer when it comes to anything, it's just who I am, and let me tell you, Lake Street delivers. With that said, you can imagine I don't order items off the dinner menu often, anywhere. That's okay, as I always put that money towards a few extra cocktails before eating. Their beer and hard liquor selection is abundant and full of great choices. Lake Street has a sandwich menu that is heavenly. The Lake Street Burger is as good as any burger you will find, the Italian Panini a little spicy and just bursting with flavor, the Flank Steak is delicious, and when you are in the mood for pizza, their wood fired pizzas are the best! They have a huge bar you can sit at and converse before your meal. If you want they let you eat right at the bar, which we often do. The staff is always extremely pleasant. Yes, Elkhart has other excellent restaurant choices, but this has and will always be our favorite!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 8 September 2020

This restaurant is walking distance from the main 3 resorts in town. The food is super. They do have outdoor and indoor dining and offer social distancing. The interior has more of a bar type setting with both high and low tables. Moderately priced and an awesome chicken sandwich will be bringing us back soon. I recommend you give this cafe a time. You will enjoy it!

Date of visit: August 2020
904lynns, Owner at Lake Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2020

Thank you, glad you enjoyed us.

Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner and cocktails. I had the Lavender Basil smash- amazingly refreshing. We had the Brussel sprouts appetizer which was very flavorful. For dinner I enjoyed the salmon and my husband loves the scallops- great outdoor atmosphere!

Date of visit: August 2020