All reviews frittata lake geneva gourmet breakfast bed and breakfast beautiful bathroom cheese and crackers would highly recommend staying here phoenix park comfortable beds fresh fruit place to stay lianne wedding fritz toiletries hosts wi
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Just had a couple nights stay at The Main Street Manor to celebrate my friends 60th Birthday. What a relaxing couple of days for our girls getaway, Lianne was such an accomodating host. My girlfriend and I are crafters and Lianne allowed us to set up all of our crafting supplies in the main dining area. What a spacious space to work. Lianne was a very gracious host and served us fantastic breakfasts both mornings of our stay. Delicious frittatas and apple french toast souffles accompanied by fresh fruit. Lianne has a lovely yard and deck out back where we had cheese and crackers and cocktail hour in the evenings. The room was very spacious and comfortable with all the amenities. Would definitely return for another girls getaway. Thank you Lianne for your hospitality.

Room tip: We stayed in the Bay suite room which had a queen size bed and an alcove with a daybed which was perfect for our girls getaway
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sgbeleven11
Innkeeper_Lianne, Owner at Main Street Manor of Delavan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

You are SO welcome! I enjoyed learning about your candle crafting! I look forward to another girls weekend with you both!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed at the Main Street Manor while attending a wedding in Delavan. Setting up our stay and checking in was a breeze and we were even allowed to check in early so we were able to check in and get dressed before the wedding.

The entire house is beautiful and cozy and filled with a very friendly cat and dog! Our room and bathroom were lovely and updated bathroom made getting wedding ready so enjoyable. We spent a restful night in our room and woke up to one of the most delicious breakfasts I have ever had. We had a tasty egg dish, pastries and french toast. We checked out feeling rested and full from a delicious breakfast.

We hope to return and 100% recommend staying here!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Innkeeper_Lianne, Owner at Main Street Manor of Delavan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Glad you were happy with your accommodations and breakfast! I will send you the recipe for the frittata! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I visited Delavan for four days and stayed at the Main Street Manor for three nights. The place is superb and not overpriced. My host, Lianne Fritz, was very congenial and eager to please: if I'd asked for the moon for breakfast, at least there would have been crescents of toast set out for me to savor. Seriously: it's quiet, nicely but not fussily furnished. Super clean and all the touches: good towels, a comfortable bed, hot water in profusion, fast wi-fi. But so much of the credit goes to Lianne, who has very fine people skills. Some hosts are obtrusively friendly; some talk up a hurricane; some disappear when you need them most. I don't think of myself as a demanding guest, but it was like staying with a good friend, and perhaps better. I have already recommended the Manor to people I know in Delavan, and this place deserves to prosper. It is the very model of what a B&B should be, and only a few dollars more than the chain motel where the hallways reek of carpet freshener. Bravo!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Innkeeper_Lianne, Owner at Main Street Manor of Delavan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you Michael for the wonderful review. It was my pleasure meeting you and having you as a guest, and I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay! And, yes, if you had asked for crescents of toast I would have tried to make that happen for you! Maybe next time! Lianne owner/innkeeper

Reviewed 3 December 2017

My husband and I stayed at Main Street Manor for a short weekend getaway with our dog and we had the absolute BEST time! Lianne was so nice and welcoming. Her breakfast's were out of this world delicious and the place was lovely. The room was perfect and well updated with a beautiful bathroom. The backyard space was great for our dog and for a few drinks before dinner. The B&B is only a short 20 min drive to downtown Lake Geneva and a very short walk to downtown Delavan. I highly recommend a stay at this comfortable and charming bed and breakfast. Our puppy would agree as well ;)

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

A group of us(9 in total) were looking for a place to stay in or around the Lake Geneva area on Labor Day weekend(we were all invited to a wedding in Fontana)...of course we waited until the very last minute and had a lot of trouble finding a hotel or even a rental place that could accommodate all of us. We ended up finding hotels in surrounding towns but would have to be separated. We heard about Main Street Manor from one of our friends that used to live in WI...So we all cancelled our hotel reservations and decided to give the B&B route a try. From the moment we first walked in, to the moment of checkout, Lianne(the B&B owner) graciously welcomed us in to her home, and made sure our every need was met. Special details like turn down service for bedtime, to each private bathroom having a little bag of toiletries in case something was forgotten showed how much thought and care is put into this guest focused experience. To make a really pleasant time even better, Lianne whipped up a great breakfast for all 9 of that was way better than any breakfast joint or restaurant nearby would have been able to provide. The menu consisted of an asparagus and baby portobello frittata, a delicious French toast bake with walnuts and peaches, fresh fruit salad, baked ham, and mini croissants...truly a gourmet meal served to my friends and I. The decor in the entire home is really great too, everything feeling really upscale, comfortable, homey and charming at the same time. Highest recommendations for anyone looking for a really nice place to stay at a very reasonable rate. You will not regret your decision to stay here! Five stars all the way!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Innkeeper_Lianne, Owner at Main Street Manor of Delavan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

I am SO glad to have hosted your group for your stay, and am really glad you enjoyed the breakfast and accommodations. It was my pleasure to have met all of you, and hope you will think of the Main Street Manor B&B for a future getaway! Thank you so much for the very positive review. I truly appreciate all of your comments! Lianne owner/innkeeper