“Family dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were here last summer and it was great. We were there last night and it was horrible. Surf and turf was soggy and tough. BBQ ribs weren’t good at all. Fried walleye was all bread! Onion soup awful. It was just a terrible experience . Save your time and money and go elsewhere!! They must’ve changed chefs or downgraded the food.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We love taking our boat and tying up at the boat dock! We like the casual atmosphere and the food is generally good. We also like the traditional relish bar! Staff is always friendly and we love the location.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Every once and awhile you need a little old school WI to help bring back memories. Even if you're not interested in old times, this place hits the mark to learn how to have a good time in a relaxing atmosphere with gorgeous scenery making your WI getaway all the much better.

The food here is (overall) excellent. The cocktails are too and, I might add, a bit trendy if some cases. Let's talk appetizers. I enjoyed one of the best Oyster Rockefeller's I've ever had. Textbook good - the way they should taste and look. The same for their onion rings. Ridiculously enjoyable pre-dinner munchables that paired will with cocktails. Each entrée comes with a trip to the relish bar. Yes, there are standard crudités with dip, crackers, some cheese and a crostini but the standout items here are the smoked white fish and chicken liver pate. The former light, fresh and delightful and the latter a superb rendition that was equally as good as the smoked whitefish for the same reason. Steaks and Prime Rib were enjoyed and were excellently prepared. I especially liked the fact that the Prime Rib was served with regular ground horseradish and a horseradish cream allowing you to enjoy each or to combine to your own taste. Rounding out the perfect make was excellent and attentive service. One of the best moderately priced dinners I have had in a long time. Wish I lived closer so I could enjoy more often. I will be back and will use the memories to hold me over until next visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant reminds me of the traditional WI supper clubs. The food was great and plenty of it. They have an outdoor seating area with lake views as well as having inside seating with lake views. Great bar area that brings you back in time.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

While visiting a friend in Elkhorn, WI my friend knows how much I enjoy a walleye meal. We visited on Friday which is famous for fish fries and was happily surprised to see walleye on the menu and not part of the fish fry menu. The walleye was superb! Broiled firm and flaky, just the way I like it. Staff was friendly and efficient.