“lake-view Wisconsin supper club”

The village supper club
Ranked #15 of 81 Restaurants in Delavan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017

After the repeal of Prohibition, in Wisconsin, liquor licenses were first granted to establishments that served food. Dancing was usually part of the package. Thus the supper club was born. One of the de rigueur features is the relish tray or salad bar.

Village has a typical version: beets, whitefish salad, carrots, celery sticks, macaroni salad, potato salad, wine cheese, cole slaw, and chicken liver pate. Most of the salad bar items are available for carryout at per-pound prices.

The menu is pretty much your standard surf-and-turf type plus Italian specialities. There's a full-service bar.

Friday Fish Fry (It IS a Wisconsin super club, after all.)
Plenty of parking.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went on the rec of our motel front desk and were happy we did. Overlooking a lake, it is a nice restaurant with high end food choices. It is a legit example of a Wisconsin supper club. And no, you do not have to belong to anything to enjoy this option. The prime rib special looked great and was, according to several members of our party. I had a filet (beef) and shrimp combo which was just right.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Beautiful resort restaurant with a great view of Delavan lake. We enjoyed a nice dinner mostly for the view of the lake. There is dinner music also close to the bar. My soup and husband's ribs were awesome, I had a special scallop dish with porkbelly. The flavors of the dish did not blend well. Scallops were bland, pork belly was perfect, the maple sweet potatoes were not special.

Service was ok, they were busy and we could tell there was not enough help as summer help returned to college. We had to ask for our wait person.

We will go back for the view.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

When I made reservations I requested a lake-side view but when we got there, no one seemed aware of my request or that we were celebrating our anniversary; we eventually did get the table we wanted but not after being stern with the surly hostess. Apart from the afore mentioned, we were greeted by a musty smell and a carpet that looked as old as the hills. Supper Club owners - you do know that you can update your decor, right! Our waitress was just lovely. Thank you R......., you enhanced our experience exponentially. The relish tray was appetizing and the bread, warm and soft. My stuffed flounder however, was just 'meh.' I don't even remember what it was stuffed with, it was that bland, and the sauce on the side of ravioli was too sweet. I wonder if the duck or the shrimp de jonghe would have been a better choice? I do love a good Wisconsin supper club and don't mind splurging on one, but for the prices they charge, you better believe I want more than musty vibes and mouthfuls of meh. Hasta La Vista Village People.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We ate here on advice from the staff at Delavan resort. Prime Rib was the special so my husband and I shared it because they always give you too much. There was a 4.00 sharing plate charge which is fine although a little high. The salads were pitiful. Ordered an extra salad and it was a plate of iceberg lettuce with a few croutons for almost 5.00 and blue cheese dressing was 1.25 extra. New York City this isn't!! Relish bar was tasteless. Prime rib was delicious but my baked potato was half black, when I mentioned it they said I should have returned it, it never should have left kitchen. Overpriced for the quality. Would not recommend.