We stayed at the Delafield for 3 days for a little R and R. We are busy professionals and we were looking forward to a pleasant and relaxing get away and we were not disappointed.
As noted in other reviews, the rooms are outstanding and a room of the caliber of this hotel would easily cost 50-100% more in a big city. It is a lovely property and very conducive to R and R. Furthermore, the town of Delafield is the perfect location and adds to the ambiance. The access to fabulous bike trails, parks, and walking trails is a huge plus. Bike rentals are available at Wheel and Sprocket, right next to the hotel. Guests have access to an outstanding health club and spa immediately next to the hotel which is another big plus. We had dinner one night at Andrew’s-it was good but not spectacular-ambiance and service was outstanding and the food was good. One note, this is a small hotel and as a result, staffing is limited. There is not a formal concierge, and recommendations for dinner and activities are dependent upon the desk attendant on duty. Similarly the absence of a door attendant means that you are on your own with luggage. I imagine somebody would have helped us if we asked, but certainly, we were not offered any assistance with our bags. The rooms themselves were well cleaned but service was spotty-on two occasions, toiletries and tissues were not replenished and the honor bar was not routinely restocked. These over-all were only minor annoyances. In summary, the hotel experience here is excellent and represents an excellent value. We will definitely return. We are frequent and experienced travelers and have stayed at many fine properties and resorts in the US and abroad and we were very well pleased with our overall experience at the Delafield.
Other notes and suggestions:
1. Had dinner at Zin a couple of blocks from the hotel-Excellent
2. Dinner at Fishbones-food good, service mediocre
3. Glacial Drumlin bike trail is outstanding
4. Breakfast twice at Lumber Inn-Excellent
5. Milwaukee Street Traders coffee shop is excellent
6. Lakes, water and golf abound
7. Ten Chimneys was spectacular-no visitor should miss this incredibly well preserved and maintained estate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool. Contemporary. Sophisticated. Welcome to the Delafield Hotel. The Delafield Hotel is one of southeastern Wisconsin’s most-sought-after full service boutique hotels. Upon your arrival, The Delafield Hotel surrounds you with rich cherry wood, eclectic art and contemporary furnishings providing you with a relaxed, yet sophisticated environment you would expect from this Four Diamond Hotel. Each of the 38 guest suites offer up a one-of-a-kind retreat. Contemporary yet cozy furniture, Kohler Rain Showers & Spa Tubs and expansive open spaces make for the perfect setting for leisure travel, romantic getaways, weddings and business travel. What’s in it for you? Fine quality linens, pillow top mattress and plush down duvets provide extra comfort. Oversized work desk with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the entire property, 55”-70” Smart TVs, Bluetooth speaker and charging station, Keurig Coffee Maker and Aveda Spa Bath Products. The Delafield Hotel is Pet Friendly and welcomes your furry companions! I.d. Bar & Restaurant is a randomly inspired collaboration of food, drink, music and design…an unconventional place to share & explore inside the hotel. Open for dining 7 days a week, I.d. serves a fresh, seasonal menu along with a selection of the best wines, bourbons, craft beers and craft cocktails. Access to beFitness, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, is complimentary to all guests. The Delafield Hotel is conveniently located 25 miles west of Milwaukee, 50 miles east of Madison and 90 miles northwest of Chicago. Situated in the heart of Lake Country, summer recreations such as boating, paddle boarding and kayaking rentals are available within minutes of the Delafield Hotel. Nearby, experience hiking, biking, snow shoeing and cross country skiing at Lapham Peak State Park in the Kettle Moraine Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Delafield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Delafield