“Very Authentic!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely everything about this dining experience was AWESOME! We started out with the Cajun Dusted Fried Crawfish appetizer. My wife and I agreed that we cou;d have just had that for our main meal and would have been satisfied - but, we kept going.

I had the Jambalaya Ya-Ya. Very authentic and very tasty. When I asked about the "heat factor", the waitress advised this dish was quite mild. I asked her to have the chef turn up the heat a couple notches, and they got it perfect!

My wife had the Nawlins' Seafood Pasta. It was hard to decide who had the best meal - we decided to call it a draw. This dish had everything... shrimp, more crawfish tails, calamari (long strips, not round), black muscles and a ton of veggies. All the textures were prepared perfectly.

This place has a great selection of craft beer, too, and we had what we thought was the perfect beer for our meal... a jalapeno beer from a local micro brewery, Brewfinity. Don't be afraid to try it - it's NOT spicy, but very flavorful from the jalapeno peppers.

We will definitely be back!

Jesse S, Owner at Fishbone's Cajun & Creole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Mroberts6659 for the kind words! Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were driving to Milwaukee and looking for a fun place to stop for dinner. We lived in the south for a few years and came to love many things you can find there to eat, so when Fishbone's showed up online, we decided to try it. We started out with the fried grouper strips, which were done perfectly. My husband had the blackened red snapper and I had macadamia crusted mahi mahi. Both were excellent. We topped off the meal with blueberry cobbler - a huge portion- and Key lime pie. A memorable meal. There were several other entrees we'd like to try so hopefully we will be back that way sometime soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Chose this restaurant because one of us needed a gluten free menu. Restaurant overlooks lake which was beautiful. Restaurant had great vibe and atmosphere! So many amazing options on the dinner menu we had a tough time choosing. Went with a Crawfish bisque, Burrito bowl, Taco Tuesday Special and the Blackened Red Snapper. We were all very happy with our dinner and plan to check out the restaurant owned by the same owners tomorrow night. A definite recommend!

1  Thank 232SAJE1
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

A local restaurant/bar with a nice view of the lake. But convenient for domeone like me just driving by. We had guacamole and enchiladas. A boring selection I suppose, but both were excellent. Don’t know if the green and red sauces were homemade, but they were excellent. With a reasonable amount of kick. Key lime pie was excellent. A good meal, we’ll stop again

1  Thank SkyeBlueWaters
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

So, decided to visit while on a business trip. First tried the shrimp and scallop ceviche. I have had some fantastic ceviche in the past but this was extremely disappointing. However, the staff was more than happy to remove from my bill and manager visited right away. Then tried the crawfish bisque. Being from The New England area I have had some good bisque but this was one of the best I’ve ever had. The staff and second dish made it more than a worth while visit.

1  Thank Jay L