“Be Sure to Add to Your Lake Country Eateries!”

Fishbone's Cajun & Creole
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Delafield
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We had been to Fishbone's one time before, at least four years ago. It was a delight to return. We were seated immediately on the outdoor deck. We had a lovely view of Lake Nagawicka. Despite our server seeming a little disoriented, we chocked it up to him possibly being new, and weren't we all new at something at one time! (I had asked about the Voodoo Fondue, and although our server provided most of the ingredients, he left out that it contained chorizo. That's a deal breaker for someone who enjoys the black beans base, but doesn't eat meat. My husband quelled my excitement when he noted the meat.) Fishbone's menu contains many inviting dishes; it was hard for my husband and me to decide on our entrees. He ended up ordering the Jumbalaya Ya-Ya.This was a generous serving of shrimp, sausage, chicken, crawfish, and ham, served in a tasty broth over rice. A roll completed his meal. I was thrilled with my entree: the Sauteed Grouper, which was expertly prepared and served over a 'sweet potato dirty rice,' spinach, and an Opelousas sauce. I only found one blackened oyster in my sauce, and after tasting it, wish there would have been a few more to enjoy. The dish as a whole, however, was delectable. As I was more than a bit hungry, I also enjoyed a side salad while we waited for our entrees. In addition to its lettuce, it included Parmesan cheese, two slices of tomato, two slices of cucumber, a couple of sliced mushrooms and a creamy raspberry vinaigrette. Interestingly, when I asked our server what the dressing choices were, he told me the side salad came only with the raspberry vinaigrette. My other choice was a Caesar side salad. Fishbone's is again on our list of places to re-visit in order to try several of the other interesting entrees on their menu.

1  Thank divaw0rld

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We visited on Tuesday Taco night. This is probably their busiest night of the week.. They do take reservations which is nice. This is NOT where you want to be if you like calm, subdued dining. It's crowded, noisy and busy but the Cajun leaning food is good. I didn't see any real deals on the tacos but to each his own.

1  Thank RonW763
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We took our friends here tonight, one of whom is from Louisiana. The gumbo was a tasty tomato based soup but was not made with a roux.
And the jambalaya was the same dish as the “gumbo.” I wish the server would have informed our friend that he was essentially ordering the same thing. The house salad was limp. And the iced tea had a serious problem—it tasted musty.

1  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Ally and Austin are amazing! Food was amazing! Fresh seafood, great Cajun items! Austin and Ally both provided great service for our group of 8. We will be back!

1  Thank Lild733
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Really fun bar and restaurant with good bar and rowdy atmosphere. Outside the restaurant are tables and Adirondack chairs with a calming view of the lake. Inside the mood is loud and there is a lot of activity. Food is good, but has strong Cajun theme. We had fish soft tacos and they were excellent. Sesame chicken salad is also good.