All reviews wine and cheese social hour winery tour cedar creek winery fresh fruit whirlpool tub quaint town bed and breakfast caramel apple breakfast was delicious within walking distance cocktail hour coffee cake gift certificate relaxing getaway heart of downtown a great place to stay
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We spent New Years Eve at the Washington House Inn. Stayed in room 108, most comfortable bed, full of feather pillows and loved having private door to the parking lot. We were pleasantly surprised with a bottle of champagne and party hats left in our room to celebrate the new year.
Each morning breakfast was delicious with fresh baked goods, fruit and more.
We would love to visit again possibly in warmer weather to enjoy walking through the beautiful town of Cedarburg.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have lived in Cedarburg my entire adult life, and have always been curious about the Washington House Inn. When I saw the Living Social deal, I had to get it. My boyfriend and I were not disappointed. I have never been to a place with such great amenities, and I am comparing this to places we've stayed in Chicago that cost $200 a night, Las Vegas resorts, Bahamas cruises, etc.

We absolutely loved the social hour (5-6 pm) and our room (207) was gorgeous! It had a vaulted cathedral ceiling with 3 windows at the top to let some light in (although it would have been nice to have some natural light lower in the room to apply my cosmetics easier, but I adapted), exposed wood ceiling joists to give a rustic cabin feel, a ceiling fan that you can adjust for yourself, lights with dimmer switch, several floor lamps, a huge four post bed, an amazing whirlpool that can fit two as we did (but is more comfortable for one so we used it twice each), a flat screen TV, in-room DVD player (which I wish I had looked into/known about because we definitely would have used it).

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast (I don't know what another reviewer was complaining about, it was about the best breakfast ever, and they even accommodated us as vegetarians; I recommend going down to the dining room like we did rather than having it brought to your room as there are more options there).

We love the noon checkout, I despise 11:00 checkouts. My only complaint is that it was a bit noisy in the morning, but we always prepare for that by bringing earplugs and using a white noise app on my phone.

We are going to return here for sure. What a gem so close to home. Unfortunately, we may have to wait for future specials due to our tight budget. Have another Living Social please!

Room Tip: Look on The Washington House Inn's website as each room is very different and you can find out what each room's amenities are on the website.
1  Thank Nicole N
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Almost hate to tell others how wonderful it is for it might always be booked up! Been going there for 20 years now and it is always fabulous! Wine and cheese in evenings, gourmet baked goods and eggs in the morning, shopping galore in the beautiful town in which it sits, can't ask for more!

Room Tip: Any and all of them!
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The Washington House Inn was a very comfortable place to spend the one night we were in Cedarburg. Spacious, clean, comfy bed, super-size towels, wonderful shower, and delicious breakfast. The December morning we were there, the breakfast buffet included eggs, ham, pumpkin pound cake, fruit & nut bread, as well as assorted breads, cereals and juices. We chose a room with a street view and fireplace. The room was attractively decorated and well-maintained (even had live plants and poinsettas). The only potential problem with this street-view room was the bright street light shining in through the windows. I wore eyeshades, so the light wasn't an issue, but could be if light keeps you awake. I would stay there again and hope I will have the opportunity.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed in this lovely Victorian bed and breakfast in December. Cederburg is a small town that went all out with christmas l;ights and decorations in their wonderful little boutique stores.
The Inn was right in the middle of all the shops so we just parked the car and walked to the shops and restaurants.

In the late afternoon the Inn serves a wonderful wine and cheese buffet and the breakfast buffet had so many choices of wonderful breads, fruits including raspberries and blueberries (yum!) scrambled eggs and sausage and so much more. It was just outstanding eating that wonderful breakfast sitting in front of a great fireplace.

The beds were very comfortable with luxureous sheets and many pillows to choose from.

Needless to say, we really enjoyed the Washington House Inn and will be back

Room Tip: we had rooms 205 and 203 which are adjoining . It was nice to just go back and forth easily. My sister and her daughter were across the hall in 204 I think and they had a view of the street with all the Christmas lights and decorations.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family