All reviews outdoor pool family reunion fish fry lake namakagon beautiful site north woods the main lodge great family this past weekend golf group condo northwoods accommodations fishing lakeview coupon
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My boyfriend and I had a coupon for this place through an online coupon outlet and made a weekend trip of it. It was in a nice location - the lake is very pretty. The room was less than desirable and right above the pool area so kids were really loud all through out the morning and night, even though "quiet time" was from 9pm to 9am... that wasn't inforced. At one time, around 11 pm, we were in the hot tub and kids were in the pool being crazy loud and a nice employee came and softly asked if the kids would be quiet since there are people sleeping. The kids were quiet for all of 5 minutes, then went back to being crazy loud. Where were their parents?? "Quiet time" was basically non existant. The room walls are very thin so you can hear everything. Our toilet was also leaking and wouldn't stop running, my boyfriend was going to see if he could fix it but the toilet back was under the bathroom countertop so he couldn't get to it... I wouldn't know how a maintenance man would even get in to fix it either unless he took the whole toilet out. We also had a coupon for a 16' fishing boat, but the "marina" only had 14' available. We didn't realize we had to make reservations.
The best part of the trip was the food. The restaurant food is really good! Especially the fried walleye and their steak!! Yum!!
Since we had a coupon, the value wasn't so bad, but I would never pay full price to stay here. (But all the employees we came across were very nice - that was a plus!)

Oh! And there is virtually no cell reception anywhere, it didn't phase us because we went to get away from it all, but some people might care.

Room Tip: ask for lake view, we had to view the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank packtwin
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We stayed at Lakewoods for a wedding this last weekend. First of all, something is wrong with the boiler or hot water heater and we had no hot water. My fiancee took a cold shower and I had to call three times to the front desk to complain about the cold water. She informed me sarcastly that maintence said it was fine. It took five hours to get hot water to shower. After, maintence had laundry quit washing laundry. The front desk staff during the day was horribly rude and not helpful whatsoever. The owner served us breakfast in the resturant. She forgot about us and never checked on us or left us our check. Good thing we are good people, cause we just could have gotten up and left. Unfortunately, my concious gets the best of me and I couldn't imagine doing anything like that. The rooms are outdated- oh and it said back in 2010 that they were updating the lodge. Nope, that didn't happen! TV's only have a few channels. The beds are like sleeping on rocks. I think the grass is softer. Our friends had the same concerns as we did. Except their room was filthy dirty with food on the floor, in their bed, and someone elses hair on their pillows. If I would have known it would have been like this I would have rented a room in Hayward. We were extrememly disappointed in the service and condition of the hotel. I have read the responses by the owner in regards to peoples complaints and they do not address the concerns that people have posted. All they say is sorry that you think we sucked. If you plan on staying here, please do you research before going. Please understand that you will be stay in a pig pen and you will have horrible service. On a plus side. The views are beautful and the food is good. Unfortunately that does not make up for the cold showers, hard beds, and poor service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank medi30
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We were there for a wedding and had our Groom's Dinner in the main lodge. Food was excellent and service was equally as good. During the week, we rented a few kayaks at no charge. Not sure if they are free during the week or the guys working the Marina were being nice, but it was appreciated. We actually stayed in a condo of a friend, so we didn't use all the main lodge services, but what we did use was great!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We were here for a wedding. When I called to book a room, the woman was very harried and short with me, so I had no chance to ask detailed questions about the rooms. We stayed in a condo, thinking I could cook a couple meals. We esp. need our coffee in the morning, so we brought our own coffee....Voila, no filters. Bare minimal kitchen items, dishwasher didn't work. The bathrrom could have been cleaner. Very small place for 4 people to stay, even with the futon. Very outdated look. However we did have a beautiful view of the Lake.

Room Tip: Ask if it comfortable sleeps 4 even with a futon.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Goldie5
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We've stayed at Lakewoods several times, always in a cabin. We have a black lab and surprisingly, few resorts accept dogs in the Northwoods! Thankfully, Lakewoods accepts dogs and doesn't mind if you have a well behaved dog off-leash. The lodge itself is rustic and I'm sure the rooms are outdated, but the cabins are always well stocked and clean; and they're right on the water or have a good view. The restaurant food is also consistently good. We love this resort for its location and the fact that it has everything you need right there - golf, restaurant, marina, huge lake with a nice beach and lots of room to roam. There's even a pool (indoor & outdoor) and sauna/whirlpool. I love walking in this area with my dog, it is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple