“Hot chocolate & relaxation”

The Coffee House at Chestnut & Pine
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We took our grandsons for hot chocolate and cookies, again, as we often do when in town. The upper seating area has more chairs and tables and less toys and books than on our last visit, but the boys did not seem to mind. They enjoy the chocolate chip cookies, the chocolate drinks and the ambience despite being the only children there.
Other customers were working (laptops in abundance) or meeting with friends (chat in abundance).
The staff were friendly and helpful, showing interest in visitors and regulars alike.
We'll be back.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Your typical, expected "new" coffeeshop. I'm from southern Illinois and my university town of 7000 ppl has 2 similar shops. The usual espresso drinks, teas, steamers, hot cocoa. Not a large selection of pastries but they do serve breakfast and lunch. Gift shop area of shirts, mugs, koozies, etc. The local Liar's Club has a room upstairs apparently.

The summer flavor specials didn't look appealing (fruit coffee? No thanks!). My iced white mocha was delicious. I got it as the default recipe, but they offer alternate kinds of milk and sweeteners. Mom got hot chocolate (normal and fine, hit the candy spot, she says). I ordered Dad an Americano (he normally only knows about his usual weak, black Colombian), so I surprised him and got no complaints!

Lots of seating: tall tables, low tables, sofas, outdoor sidewalk. Restroom very out of the way and awkward (path from front room is through the wait line and no place to stand out of staff's way while waiting for a turn) but well labeled and clean, big.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The staff is great. The products are very good. The ambiance is warm and welcoming. A MUST SEE when you come to Burlington.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great atmosphere, coffee, and food! They have a lot of local bands play and open mic nights. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I went in for a cup of coffee. Was pleasantly surprised that they served a nice breakfast menu as well. Not sure about sandwiches for lunch as I was there on a Saturday morning and they were quite busy.