“Not what I've come to expect from Marriot”

Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was pretty disappointed with our recent trip to the Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield. Aesthetically the lobby is pleasing, but it stops there. We arrived around 9 and the staff struggled to greet us. I asked where the ATM was and if there was wifi in the room and was let down on both. No wifi in the room - ok, but no ATM? Every hotel I've ever stayed at has had an ATM! We walked to our room after shopping all day with no offer of assistance to us. We got to our room and while it looked ok on the surface, it was a let down. The shelf was dusty, there was a piece crepe paper hanging from the door to the courtyard as if there was a party that didn't quite get cleaned up before we arrived. The space between the bed and the wall also had paper on the ground - must have forgot to vacuum. The beds were just average and the bedding thin and not comfortable at all - a down or down alternative comforter would go a long way! Also the pillows - I do not think it's necessary for a double bed to have 6 mini pillows on it - why not just have 2-3 standard size pillows. Sleeping was very uncomfortable trying to balance those little pillows. I found that to be very strange. Also it's 2012 - HD tvs should be in all hotels. The next morning we found a check out slip under the door for another room. I kindly brought it to the front desk and the woman working did not speak when I gave it to her and was very confused even though I explained it was not for our room. I asked her if she wanted it and she just looked at me. It was very strange. I asked if we would a receipt printed and she just looked at the computer - I asked again and asked if we would get it when we checked out and she shook her head yes. Again - strange. When we did actually check out, the front desk attendant barely made eye contact, did not thank us for staying, and barely said 5 words to us. Needless to say this will be my last trip to the Courtyard in Brookfield. I frequent the Courtyard Marriot in Wausau for breakfast as it is close to my office. I am not even a guest there and they have the most outstanding customer service I've ever witnessed at a hotel. Always friendly and courteous. Perhaps Brookfield could take some advice from them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KatieK27
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I apologize for our service failures at the front desk and in housekeeping. Our rooms were renovated in the Summer of 2009 and fortunately next month we will have WIFI throughout our hotel. I have reviewed your feedback with our Leadership Team, if you would like to discuss further offline please feel free to contact directly at the hotel.

Shawn Jaremko

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I travel to Brookfield 2 to 3 times per month in a job I have had since mid 2011. The last few months I spent trying most if the top hotels in Brookfield. The Courtyard Marriott was recently renovated and is the only hotel I have stayed at in 2012. The Lobby is a great place to hang out or get work done! They have a "living room" complete with a wide screen TV, couches, and a comfortable lounge chair that feels almost like home! The Bistro serves a great breakfast and has a good menu if you want to grab a drink and something convenient for dinner. I recommend the "Healthy Start" breakfast (English muffin with egg whites, spinach and goat cheese with a side of fruit) and a Starbucks coffee. The staff is always pleasant and recognizes me when I check in now! The Courtyard Marriott Brookfield is my home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2012
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and the Brookfield Courtyard!
Continued Success,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Convenient, clean, welcoming reception and location all make the Courtyard Brookfield a good place to stay. Staff were very helpful, particularly Jay, who was able to accommodate requests for additional items in the room. Room staff were also quick to respond when requesting extra towels. The team had obviously worked on the decor as it's sporting the new look courtyard look.

One minor critique was that the pool was consistently chilly. Kids were shivering after 15mins in the water - requests to increase the temp were met with "it's on a set timer". Once that's resolved, I would consider this a flawless visit.

Room Tip: avoid 1st floor east side if poss; it's a main walkthrough and opposite gym/pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PMMorgan
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback on the temperature of the pool, I apologize it was cold, we have adjusted the temperature to make the pool experience more enjoyable. I have passed on your comments to Jay, he is a major asset to our hotel. Look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We searched for a hotel with a pool to take the kids for a night. Courtyard met our expectations to the highest level! We were hoping for a clean facility but this place is amazing! Room was spotless and beds/pillows are very comfortable. I read the hotel was renovated in 2009 but it looked like it was more recent. Lobby offered ample seating and hang out areas, as well as a tv, computers and cool touch tv screen where we looked up directions and weather. We requested a late check out so kids could swim an extra hour and it was honored with out question. We didn't try the food at the bistro but it sounded delicious. The pool was extremely well maintained and good size hot tub. Even used the work out room which was clean too!
For $79 a night plus tax this is a great deal! We plan to return and will mention to our friends and family. I agree with other reviews that this hotel is best in Brookfield!!

Room Tip: We requested room near pool which was good since there are no public restrooms inside pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank butterfly0871
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

I'm glad you had a great visit at our hotel. We did renovate our sleeping rooms in the summer of 2009 and our lobby the summer of 2010, our team takes great pride in keeping our hotel fresh and clean. Next time please stop by the Bistro and try my favorite our grilled chicken quesadilla or one of our fabulous flatbread pizzas. Hope to have you back at the Brookfield Courtyard soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Comfortable, clean, nicely appointed. Our room was exactly as reserved and exceeded my expectations on space, arrangement, look, and price. :) I really felt like I got a deal! It sounds like the facility was recently rebranded and it looks GREAT. Our room felt like a swanky apartment.

I mentioned when making my reservation that we would be arriving late in the evening after catching a show at the Pabst and the young woman at the front desk cordially asked about that when we checked in-- liked that a lot. Customer service is not dead!

If you're considering visiting Milwaukee and don't need to be right in the thick of it, this Courtyard location is great. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby. I'll look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: I requested an upper floor room when making my reservation and this request was honored.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex J
Shawn J, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to seeing you in the future!