“Excellent home cooking! Highly recommend!”

Cook's Country Kitchen
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 12
Reviewed 3 August 2018

This place is very warm and inviting! The food was amazing and the staff is very friendly. We ate here twice, once for supper and the next day for lunch. The salad bar was fresh and stock with several items, fruits and veggies. My husband had the ham and cheese omlet and said it was delicious and the hash browns were perfectly cooked. I had the meatloaf the next visit and it tasted just like my mom’s... yummy! High recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like it here because I just moved to town and enjoy a locals breakfast sometimes.
The hostess who seated me also brought my orange juice quickly. But the waitress assigned my booth took another ten minutes to come over. Perhaps there was a mix up at this slow mid morning time. Not sure. She either didn’t take my order accurately even though she repeated part of it or the cook didn’t see that I wanted the toast dry. It was so heavily buttered it was a waste. I appreciated the egg whites only veggie omelette the cook made but greasy/oily doesn’t begin to describe the liquid on the plate. Fortunately for them, the waitress never returned so there was no one to comment to: I’m writing this review in place of following up with the disappearing waitress.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank JH928S4
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Authentic country cooking at its best. Grits can be finiky going from terrible to fantastic. Theirs were off the scale delicious. Best, if not the best, I have had in a long time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast. The service was hometown personal and hospitable. Fittingly renovated after the great flood. A definite keeper.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Always pass the sign for this place while traveling to and from Virginia. So we decided to try it. I think this place might be known for their breakfast and not so much dinner. It was Friday night and they were kinda busy which is always a good sign. We had fish special (cod) and it was real beer batter fish. And it was fried. I thought it was ok but my wife liked it. Also got the Ruben which I thought was good along with their onion rings.
Has a small but decent soup/salad bar as well.
Would I go again? If I did I would want to just try it for breakfast.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank V9759KEjasons
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Had fried catfish, lacked much flavor, but edible with tartar sauce, wish they served lemon with it. Cole slaw was excellent. Biscuits good, though felt like it was reheated in microwave. Layout is odd where the salad bar is. Will go again to try a different dish.

Date of visit: March 2018