“Small Town Greasy Spoon comfort food. ”

Cook's Country Kitchen
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 12
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Always pass the sign for this place while traveling to and from Virginia. So we decided to try it. I think this place might be known for their breakfast and not so much dinner. It was Friday night and they were kinda busy which is always a good sign. We had fish special (cod) and it was real beer batter fish. And it was fried. I thought it was ok but my wife liked it. Also got the Ruben which I thought was good along with their onion rings.
Has a small but decent soup/salad bar as well.
Would I go again? If I did I would want to just try it for breakfast.

1  Thank jason s

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Had fried catfish, lacked much flavor, but edible with tartar sauce, wish they served lemon with it. Cole slaw was excellent. Biscuits good, though felt like it was reheated in microwave. Layout is odd where the salad bar is. Will go again to try a different dish.

1  Thank JANNETTE E
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant. So glad we did. Going into WV we ate lunch going West & had dessert heading back east. We had the chicken sandwich special. Was a real breast not pressed frozen one. Delicious. Had pecan & coconut pies. Very very good. The interior was decorated very good. There was a buffet but we didn't try it. We will stop again when heading into WV

1  Thank cathyb262
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We stopped around noon and ordered from the all day breakfast menu. My wife's omelet was pretty good. I had sausage and eggs - the sausage was apparently left over from early breakfast - it was served at room temperature. By the time the waitress came around to see how things were, I had eaten half my breakfast including one cold sausage patty. She went back to the kitchen and brought me one warm patty (so I got charged for the cold one I ate). No offers to refill my iced tea. I'll try driving up to the north end of Main Street next time.

1  Thank TrekkerJohn
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Had dinner and breakfast the next morning here. Both were great! The vegetable beef soup was so good, and my husband really liked the pork chop dinner. Our breakfasts were award winners! My Papa’s breakfast was enough for two, and I could not eat it all, but I loved trying! Bacon was perfect, tasty and crispy. Pancakes were delicious, too!!! So glad we gave this place a try!

1  Thank MaggieTN50