“lunch”

Applebee's
Ranked #38 of 115 Restaurants in Wheeling
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 April 2015

Stop for lunch while visiting Cabelas. Ate here a few years ago. Typical Applebees. Food was ok, large portions. Not too busy on a Friday afternoon. Would stop again.

Reviewed 18 December 2014

after 10 pm a portion of the apps were 1/2 off so we took advantage of the offering and rang up about a $50 bill got what we wanted, but needed to pay regular price for the sliders

I is what it is just what was expected

Reviewed 22 September 2014 via mobile

All of these types of restaurants are owned by basically the same companies. When you know that, you know you can expect the same variations of food with different names, same meat farms, same vegetables. That isn't a bad thing if you're in a hurry and not wanting something exceptional. But overall these places are good and this one was no different.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

On our many trips to Wheeling, my husband and I have always made this a lunch destination because the food and service are trustworthy. It's a chain, so expect that. We usually go during off peak hours, so I can't relate to other reviews complaining about the service. For us, that has always been fine.

The only bummer is the the chips and salsa is not "bottomless," Not like my bottom needs that, actually, but my husband is in great shape, and he loves that appetizer, so it would have been nice to have been offered more.

I used to order the Shrimp and Spinach salad (fabulous) but it is not on the menu at this location. I ventured out of my comfort zone and got the Quesadilla burger. It was fabulous!!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stopped in THIS Applebee's because we know from eating at many others what to expect from the chain.
Or so we thought.
Once we were seated, our server was slow in showing up at our table. And she didn't seem real interested in being there.
THAT should have been an omen - and it was, actually - as the rest of our visit wasn't any better.
Our food was slow in arriving, did NOT have an appetizing presentation (is it asking too much that a hamburger patty actually be centered on the bun?), and had obviously spent double duty under the warming lights.
We were there over the lunch hour, yet they weren't at all busy.
Gee - I wonder why?

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK