“Great place in Wheeling ”

Generations Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Wheeling
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

On our way to Indianapolis 500 my friend and I stopped in wheeling for the night. Looking for a place to eat we found this gem!
New paint smell, huge amount of room and some of the most friendly staff I have ever been around. From the hostess to the server to the bartender.
Nice people one and all. Food is basic sports bar, not at all bad, but not fine dining.
Serving size is generous and the price won't turn you off.
Cold beer, good food, friendly staff, we will be back. If your lucky enough to be near there stop in you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Generations has great Burgers. We normally eat lunch there so I am not sure what is on the dinner menu.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

A friend and I visited Generations for a Parmalee concert. We drove an hour to come to this place and stayed at a nearby hotel for the event. We go there early so we could be front row and hung out by the bar. The bartenders weren't overly friendly, but we got our drinks pretty fast. The Long Island iced tea was good, but our other drinks weren't great. I think they were rushed since there were so many people. However, I really loved the country/rustic atmosphere. The place was pretty big! The bathrooms are odd though. One stall had no door and the ones with doors had such short doors that your entire head stuck out over it!

There is an indoor and outdoor stage. The concert we saw was outside, and by the time the main act started, the place was pretty packed! Perfect for a concert! They sold cans of beer/mike's hard lemonade outside which was very convenient. They also had outdoor portapotties. I went inside though!

After the concert we planed to hang out by the bar for a while, but they did last call at 12am! The concert was over around 11:30! We were so disappointed! We got a taxi to the venue so we could have fun, but we should of saved our money and just drove since the bar closed so early! The bartender said that they close early for concerts! If it wasn't for this, I would give Generations another star in my rating.

Overall, I would definitely return if they were hosting another band that I liked. If I was in the area again, I'd consider eating there since we didn't this time, and the food looked good. Maybe the bar would be more fun on non-concert days?

Reviewed 29 June 2016

While traveling, most people go to chain restaurants because they are familiar and you know what to expect; but once in a while you discover a local place that all the locals love. Staff was friendly. Service was quick and efficient. Food was prepared to order with no surprises. A welcome change from the big chains while traveling on I-70 through Wheeling. Easy to get to from I-70 located a short distance away on the National Road.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Our group of 6 stopped in on a Friday night (5/27) and came away pleased. Crab cakes, steak and salmon were shared and split amongst the group... avoiding leftovers since we had a 500 mi drive the next day. will definitely visit again if we get to Wheeling. Good experience, friendly staff

Been to Generations Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK