“Greek wings are excellent”
Review of Ye Olde Alpha

Ye Olde Alpha
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Wheeling
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Greek, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ye Olde Alpha is a Wheeling restaurant institution, and celebrates its 85th year in 2017. We pride ourselves on fresh, quality food with impeccable service
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I visit about once a month. Most of the time I get the Greek wings mixed with medium buffalo sauce... I have tried a few other dishes and have always been pleased. On Friday and Saturdays at dinner time there is frequently a long wait for seating, which is the only negative, but attests to the popularity of the place overall.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The Alpha has a fantastic menu with a great variety of food choices. The salads are fantastic, the Thursday soup contest is a fun twist. The old dishes from years past are still available and the chef has incorporated a wonderful new menu. Highly recommend the blackened tomato sandwich and the Ahi tuna salad with tequila lime dressing!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We did not actually eat here but we attended an event that was catered by this restaurant. The food was SO good. It doesn’t look like the dishes served at our St. Patrick’s Day event are on their normal menu but if the food we had is indicative of what is at the restaurant, I will be sure to stop in the next time I am in time. The Corned Beef Chimichangas and Pork sliders were amazing!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Probably my favorite place in Wheeling. I have a rule when I travel if you see a restaurant that’s been there for a long time and it’s packed every night...it’s worth visiting. This place didn’t disappoint. Food was hot fresh and delicious. Service was great and staff was friendly.

Date of visit: March 2018
AlphaMark, Owner at Ye Olde Alpha, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you posting about your visit to the and more importantly, thank you so much for the very nice comments. On behalf of wonderful staff, we are very grateful that you came and had a great dining experience. We hope to see you again soon! Mark

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Overnight stay and wanted a good meal. Front desk and Google recommended, and I agree. Separate bar area and dining room so noise was not an issue. Servers were very pleasant. Food pleasing. My wife had crab cakes (in Wheeling, WV) and surprised that they were quite good. My London Broil had good flavor. Ordered French fries well done (I like them crispy), and they were overcooked. Restaurant interior a bit dated but well maintained.

Date of visit: March 2018
AlphaMark, Owner at Ye Olde Alpha, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for joining us at the Alpha and we appreciate you asking about a local place. You both picked two of our most popular items and we are happy you liked them. I am disappointed though about the french fries and wish you would have asked the server to have another batch cooked for you. We have a lot of requests for well-done fries so there should be no issue. Finally, the Alpha is in its 87th year and our customers enjoy us keeping the old ambiance while we slowly update things. We appreciate the kind and positive review and hope to see you soon. Mark

Been to Ye Olde Alpha? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK