“Best Place In Town!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vienna
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Best Place In Town!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I stay just to get away for the weekend and we wouldn't stay anywhere else! Staff is outstanding and make you feel like family. Great location, within walking distance to a great japanese restaurant and even better the mall is less than a half mile away! Looking forward to our next visit!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

I recently stayed here and immediately when I walked in the room the floor was falling in by the jacuzzi. Very alarming considering we were on the second floor. While out, staff entered the room for what they said was to get a roll-a-way bed, which was not even in the room. When I returned to the room later that evening there was a bill for 150.00 dollars on the floor stating there was a smoking fee!! Funny thing is I don't even smoke!!! When I was getting ready to pack up the next morning to check out and deal with this issue I realized I was missing a large amount of money!!!! The under-qualified staff member could NOT HELP me nor could she get someone who could help me. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! I would rather stay in a motel anyday than deal with the problems I encountered here!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Dashop1
Belinda84, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Dashop1,

The information in your review is confusing because there were no smoking fees charged on December 31, 2011 nor were there any reports of missing items. Roll away beds are reserved and noted based on guest requests. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss as I believe you have our property confused with another property.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for my anniversary. My husband and I rented the suite with a whirlpool tub. The room itself was fine, but there were no towels, or other amenities available when we arrived. After a night out, we returned to our room. It was very loud all night. With excessive opening and closing of doors, people running up and down the halls etc.. I realize this is par for the course at hotels but this went on all night. Our complaints were met with deaf ears.
When unpacking upon our arrival home, I realized several items were missing, several pieces of jewelry and a monogrammed lighter. Nothing of great monetary value but still things I will miss. When I called the hotel, I was met with a very nonchalant response that they would mail them COD if found. After reading others reviews I am beginning to wonder if they were lost at all.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Sunnydaze276,
I am truly sorry for the quietness of your guest room. When we receive calls from our guests about noise, we try to address them as quickly as possible. In reviewing our communication log, I do not see where a call was received on December 27. That being said there was not a report for the items you reference as missing. Our employees are very conscientious and we have been blessed that there has not been theft occur at our property. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this situation so that I am able to research this further.

Parkersburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

My husband and I received an overnight stay as a gift from my mother during Christmas. She made the reservation for us and used her credit card. When we arrived late in the evening we found that an additional document from my mother was needed in order to use her credit card, so we had to use our credit card. The front desk staff were exceptionally lacking in understanding and were no help at all. We understand hotel policy and went along with it, but there was not attempt to understand or apologize for any mistake they might have made in representing this to my mother. I have never been treated so by a hotel. The insinuation was that she made the mistake and must be elderly to do so. We have traveled extensively around the world and will never stay in this hotel again and are sorely tempted to never stay in a Wingate hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear LT,
I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the credit card authorization. I tried to reach you by phone to speak with you about this situation and express my sincere apology. Our intention was not to place blame but to try to resolve the situation to avoid charges to your card. If you are willing to speak with me I would still like to make amends for upsetting you as we did. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Middletown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Recently my girlfriends and I were in Vienna for a concert. We rented a King Suite to stay in. The room was nice and clean with minimal issues, except that the floor in the bedroom was clearly falling through (near the jacuzzi tub). We were in the room getting ready for the concert and while 3 of the 4 people smoked (outside the hotel, in the concert venue and in the car) we didn't think much of it. Upon return to the hotel after the concert we found a bill charging us a large fee ($150) for smoking in the room. The next morning we called the front desk and explained that while our clothes probably smelled- no one smoked IN the room. We were then notified that the staff entered our room while we were out and took photos. We went to the desk and asked to see the pictures. A staff member took a picture of an EMPTY pack of cigarettes on the table of a room. This doesn't prove we smoked in the room! Also, upon packing to leave we realized that we were missing 2 necklaces and some cash. Of course whoever entered our room has no idea where these items are. In an effort to resolve our issues we were met by an inadequate front desk staffer who had no way of contacting a supervisor. While waiting for someone to help resolve this issue a couple checked out with a smelly growling dog. The fee for keeping a dog on site is $40 a night. It would have been nice to receive a phone call ahead of time to notify us of the concern about smoking in the room. But instead they waited until we left and entered and took a single photo- there was no room number, no personal items, no cigarette butts.

Room Tip: If you even consider smelling like smoke you should go ahead and ask for a smoking room. Although I...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Amy H
Belinda84, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear Amy H,

Thank you for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel during your visit to the Vienna/Parkersburg area. Relative to smoking rooms, our hotel is completely non-smoking. After retreiving a luggage cart near your guest room the Front Desk Associate became concerned after smelling smoke and checked the room. The smell in the room confirmed that someone had smoked in the room.

I appreciate your time in filling out an incident report for the jewelry items discussed. I hope you were able to locate these items among your personal belongings upon arriving home. Your comments regarding our pet policy are appreciated. I hope you will reconsider visting our hotel during your next visit to the Vienna/Parkersburg area.

Wingate by Wyndham Hotel - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
5.5 km away
13.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells
13.6 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mineral Wells/Parkersburg

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK