See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

The Elk River Inn was a wonderful place to stay. The food is absolutely out of this world!! Service was great as well. Lodging is close to the Rails to Trails making the visit simple to navigate. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone who wants to explore beautiful WVA.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I've eaten there many times over the years, but have never had the occasion to stay there until this past Fall. I'm sorry it's taken so long to send this review, because they deserve the great rating.

I've always used them as a nice dining evening out while staying up on the mountain at Snowshoe...it is a nice escape to come off of the mountain and get away from the crowds. Very quiet, relaxed atmosphere with good company, food and drink.

So I had a chance to stay at the main inn on a quick trip to the area and thought I'd give 'em a try...sooooo glad I did!!! Good price, clean room, nice great room with fireplace off the dining area for guests too. The comfortable, warm ambiance on a cold November evening was very enjoyable.

Breakfast the next morning was outstanding. Breakfast buffet served up by a wonderful lady that takes pride in her cooking, serving and hospitality. Good food choices for everyone from healthy to hearty and in between.

Take the opportunity to stay here. It is a great location for exploring Pocohantas county and all of its year 'round beauty.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2014

We left snowshoe on Christmas day and started having car trouble on the way down the mountain. We stopped at the Elk River Inn and fortunately they had a room available. The inn was clean and the owners and staff were very accommodating...they showed my kids to the living room and had some toys to help tame my son. That night the owner went out of her way to take me up to the local gas/grocery store so I could get some items. The next morning breakfast was great and got us ready for our drive down the mountain. We will be back, either during fishing season or ski season as the location is ideal!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Elk River Inn for a wedding this past weekend and could not have been happier! The inn is charming and cozy and the grounds are beautiful! We stayed in The Hickory Cabin which was clean and comfortable. Mary was so helpful in accommodating us and we are so grateful for her hospitality! Joanna and Ramon were also wonderful hosts! The food was DELICIOUS! Thank you for such an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband & I made a quick trip to this area to look at property in Snowshoe. We stayed the night at the Inn and really enjoyed the evening. Quiet & clean. Excellent breakfast cooked for us the next morning before we were on our way. Wish we could have stayed another night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple