“Top Meal of our vacation”
Review of The Press Room

The Press Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2016

We had reservations made by our B&B host and it was busy. Service was very good; beers on tap; very good wine selection & mixed drinks. Our food was delicious - top meal on our week vacation. Ambiance was just right.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

We had been to the Press Room previously and had a good experience but this time we were celebrating a birthday and were disappointed. We did not have a reservation and were asked to wait in the bar while several tables were empty. When we were seated at a table we ordered cocktails and waited about 20 minutes for them to be served. I ordered the corn and clam chowder which was served very watery and long on corn and very short on clams. My wife had the house salad and said it was fine. For the main course I had pot roast and my wife had salmon. Pot roast was fatty, somewhat tasteless and served on couscous which was not mentioned when ordering, as I would have not ordered it served that way. My wife's salmon was very bland and a little mushed, as were her potatoes. A cocktail each and the meal came to $80, way over priced. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

This is our local go to place in Shepherdstown- in the dining room for family or couples time and at the bar for drinks and/or dessert. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is excellent at the Press Room. Try everything on the menu- you won't be sorry. End with the lavender creme brûlée. The VERY BEST.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

While biking the C&O Towpath, I stayed two nights in Shepherdstown to give myself an opportunity to spend a day visiting Antietem Battlefield, which is just across the Potomac River. Both nights I ate at The Press Room. I sat at the bar for dinner twice and received good drink and dinner service from the bartender. He remembered my wine selection on the second night. The menu has creative flair, unlike many of the restaurants along the trail. Deciding among the many daily specials was a welcome challenge. The first night I ordered the beet salad and the salmon steak. Both were delicious and well-presented. The second night I had the green salad and one of the specials, Moroccan Chicken. Again, both were delicious and the presentations done well. As an out-of-towner, I came to realize that almost all the customers at the bar were locals, which created a clubby atmosphere, leaving me feeling as the outsider that I was. I did not feel ignored by The Press Room staff, but local customers did create a bit of a party mood that did not include me. The good news is: if The Press Room is filled with local customers, the kitchen and dining room staff must be consistently doing things right.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Ate here on a Saturday night and it was very busy. We were tucked into a quiet corner (loved it!). Nice wine list that wont gouge your budget. Dinner was superb! (duck, seared scallops, rapini, 'fiddleheads', risotto, very crisp caesar salads and desserts!!! lavender creme brulee also Zabaglione!!!!! scrumptious!!!!