“Best Crab Cakes I have ever ate”
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 10 March 2021

Took my mom there for lunch. We had the best ever crab cakes with homemade cole slaw and french fries. Home made bread pudding with hot rum sauce. The crab cakes were all lump crab meat and tasted like more. Made fresh by the owner who we had the pleasure of sitting down and chatting with. Wonderful lady who has owned this family oriented place for 20 years. The original Betty owned it 44 years prior to this owner. They play 50's music, warm grandma kitchen atmosphere and waitress was very friendly. Cash only but ATM available on site. Look forward to going back soon for breakfast which they serve ALL DAY.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (263)

Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

Absolutely amazing breakfast!!! If you are in the area (even a good drive away) this is the place to go ! I am from Louisiana where food is king and Betty’s would flourish in Louisiana! Excellent all the way around from prices to staff! Food is excellent. I have 4 kids and they welcomed us with open arms!

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 20 January 2021

My husband and I were planning to head to a state park in the area, and we found this restaurant for brunch before we headed to the park. I had a potato, egg, cheese and gravy mixture with a side of biscuits. I'm not sure of the exact name of the dish, but it was delicious. My husband had a hash brown, fish and poached egg mixture which he also does not remember the exact name of, but he also really enjoyed his meal. They have an all day breakfast menu. They have street parking. They take cash only, but do have an ATM available in the restaurant. One waitress was taking care of the phone and all the walk in orders, but she was doing a good job at it. The price was also excellent. They have a dated atmosphere. Background music was from the 1950s. If I ever was in the area again, I'd consider another meal there.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank The_Wanderer1992
Reviewed 28 December 2020

We were recommended here from a friend. We had really good food and had the opportunity to chat with the owner who is a real Gem of a Lady. Do not miss a chance to enjoy a real awesome breakfast in a charming little town.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 9 October 2020

Breakfast and Lunch, closes at four. If you are anywhere in the Shepherdstown area (Martinsberg, Antietam, Harpers Ferry, Hagerstown, Frederick, Williamsport) skip McDonalds and make a beeline for Betty's. The place is charming, the waitress is colorful and the food is outstanding. But don't blink, it is a small place along a block or two stretch of small places. Enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2020