“Quiet, satisfying meal”
Review of Bistro 112

Bistro 112
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 112 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: Bistro 112 is a neighborhood French Bistro in the center of historic downtown Shepherdstown. It is a favorite of local residents and a haven for travelers passing through – who enjoy the area for its history, theater, music, biking trails, small shops and river activities. The Bistro offers creative French food at affordable prices. Built in 1830, the Bistro has several dining areas: front bar, upstairs salon or outdoor patio under wisteria. The menu offers French favorites such as l’entrecote and pommes frites, crepes, salads, soups and special entrees. Rooms are available for private events.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The meal here was good, not spectacular, but the atmosphere was quiet and warm. The waitress was fine, not overwhelming us with attention, but also not intrusive. The price was a bit on the high side for the quality of the food, and there was not a huge menu selection. All in all above-average and very pleasant.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

After a long day of resting we came here to try something new. We ordered the steak and pomfrities, french onion soup, and ratatouille. Everything was prepared wonderfully and tasted even better! We finished with the toffee cake which was so good. The toffee cake was warm, soft and delicious! I ordered one to take home for later! I will visit this place each time I come to West Virginia!

1  Thank Nikki N
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Celebrating our 38th Anniversary on December 15th I booked a reservation for my wife, Cheryl, and I at Bistro 112. We were staying at Inn Boonsboro (reviewed in a separate TA post) for the weekend. It was about a 15 minute drive. We parked on the street about a block and a half from the restaurant. We had a most delightful experience. It was frigid and there was a light dusting of snow. We walked by a number of small shops and restaurants as people bustled by. Bistro 112 is situated in a block of connected storefronts. It was an old town house. The entrance was unique; several stone steps led to center split doors opening out and a heavy wood door that opened into a narrow hallway with the hostess desk. Stairs led to upstairs seating. We were seated in a small dining room to the left. There were 5 tables and we sat at a table for 2 by the window looking at the street. There were a few more tables and a small bar through an arch at the back of the dining room. Tables were covered with Christmas themed table cloths topped with white paper (you can write a thank you to the wait team or chef on it) surrounded by cane back chairs. French style posters and pictures hung on the walls. It was small, cozy and delightful. They had a full bar and a wine list that included French wines. They permitted us to bring our own wine for a nominal corking fee. We had our favorite Waltz Baron Red that we had hoped to enjoy with dinner on our anniversary. We shared a cheese plate to start. My wife had French-style grilled steak with peppercorn sauce served with pommes frites and I had Blackened French Moroccan dry-rub duck breast. Both our dinners were fabulous. We arrived just before 6:00 p.m and there were only 2 other couples, by 7:00 it was packed. I highly recommend Bistro 112 if you like a cozy atmosphere, friendly gracious hospitality and delicious french style cuisine. Enthusiastically, Scott

Reviewed 21 November 2017

The most impressive thing about this restaurant was the service. The menu was limited and lacked creativity. We had mussels in a garlic sauce that lacked flavor. I had the maison salad which barely had any dressing, the walnuts were in large chunks, and tasted as dull as it appeared. My date had a cheeseburger which I tasted and was definitely above average. Overall, it just felt that the food was prepared without care.I would not return unfortunately.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Our innkeepers recommended Bistro 112 for dinner and they were spot on. The service was excellent and the food was just a wonderful. This is such a cute town, full of history and at least one really good restaurant! Good choice for dinner.