“Big portions, decent ice cream”

Berkshire's Old Fashion Frozen Custard
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Princeton
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The service was good and the portion was extremely generous. I ordered a small sundae, and it was probably five inches tall, not including the whipped cream, and included pieces of waffle cone. The service was friendly though I didn't see any employees for the first few minutes I was in the store; the only person I saw when I walked in went behind a wall and I never saw her again. The ice cream itself is on the icy side rather than creamy; it has a similar consistency to the "icedream" at Chick-Fil-A (if I remember what that is like after many years), though they have multiple flavors. I only tried the chocolate and vanilla twist, and the ice cream tasted pretty good, though nothing special. I would go back if I was in the area.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We love to visit Berkshire's whenever we can. The staff is top notch, friendly and polite to customers, food is yummy, the restaurant is spotlessly clean. All around fun place to be! Love the banana split and frozen custard!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I have never really been a fan of frozen custard, I prefer ice cream but if all frozen custard is as good as Berkshire's I might just have been converted!

Clean friendly quick staff and great frozen custard! I had a milk shake one visit and a sundae another visit and both times it was great!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

My son loves their wildberry smoothies, so we get Berkshire's a few times a month. It's a little on the pricey side, but the portions are good and the staff is always friendly. They have really good hot dogs, and their chili is very good. The hot apple dumpling is my favorite dessert, and it's worth the trip alone. It's a great place to relax with friends and family, and a great place for some carry out.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Favorite place to get a great hotdog & banana split. Take the kids there often thru the summer. They are very clean and friendly :)