“Worth the trip!”

A Taste of Memphis
Ranked #12 of 63 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We spent time in Princeton in 2016 and when we decided to return to the area in 2017 we knew we had to go back to Taste of Memphis!

It was as good as we remember! The ribs are huge and meaty with fall off the bone tenderness and the flavor! WOW! Smoke flavor, no need for sauce!

Wish this place was closer to home!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

They charged us for 2 hotdog kids meals instead of 2 hotdogs. Then we discovered they charged us for a half a rack of ribs instead of a sampler platter then there was a large piece of a plastic bag in my salad.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Went there for ribs because we really wanted ribs... and they run out of ribs. You'd think a bbq place would stay stocked up on ribs. The half order we did receive were tough and just not worth the price. Pulled pork, again, nothing great. Service was great but it only goes so far. You go to a restaurant for food, not smiles. Place has potential if they'd get the menu quality up to speed.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

My family was ivisiting from out of town and we found this place using TripAdvisor and decided to try it after reading reviews. We were staying in a hotel near-by, so we called in our order and my husband went to pick it up. When we called we were told it would be ready in 30-35 minutes. It ended up taking 45-50 minutes before it was ready. I understand good food takes time, so I didn't really care about that. We ordered the sampler platter, a large pulled pork sandwich and a kids chicken fingers platter, oh and some cinnamon apples. I thought the bbq sandwich was pretty good, good sized sandwich, nice sauce. The stuff on the sampler platter was alright, a good way to try a few different flavors. The kids didn't care for the seasoned salt on their chicken, but I thought it was pretty good. The sides weren't that great, with exception of the apples, they were delicious!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

This Princeton restaurant has a great selection of smoked barbecue items. A friend and I stopped for lunch and were very pleased with their “lunch special” choices … a main item, one side, and drink. Choices for the main items included pork or chicken barbecue sandwiches, ribs, a Memphis burger, smoked wings, and others. They offer several sides to choose from. I had the hickory smoked chicken wings and they were delicious. My friend enjoyed the pork barbecue sandwich. Overall, “A Taste of Memphis” is a great stop for lunch offering quality food with good value pricing.