“Good Family Restaurant”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: American
Description: Fall is in the air at Bob Evans! Start your day with a Farmer's Choice featuring thousands of combinations of your breakfast favorites or have an easy comfort meal with our Family Meals to Go!
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We went with friends and their grandsons who love pancakes so that is what they ordered. Autumn, our server was nice and efficient. Food was good basic food. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My family and I ate at the Bob Evans here in Princeton yesterday for brunch. First off, the cashiers and hostess were very nice and cheerful, and greeted us warmly when we came in. That was a nice touch. We were seated promptly, and after a few minutes the waitress came over and took our drink order. It was around 11:00 so the restaurant hadn't filled up yet. I saw plenty of employees, and it looked like they had plenty of staff on duty.

The waitress came to take our order, but her cell phone went off before she took our order. She excused herself so she could take her phone call before taking our order. A few minutes later she returned to take our food order. After she took our order she basically disappeared.

Mine and my wife's drinks needed refilled, and thankfully the food came up. Our waitress didn't check on us for refills while we were waiting for our order. I did hear our waitress ask the food runner to check if we needed refills, and if we did to tell us that she would be out with them. The food runner told her we needed refills which she brought to us shortly. I also had to point out to her that the side order of sausage links I ordered didn't come out with our food.

My sausage links showed up pretty quickly, and after that she was gone again. My wife needed picante sauce for her omelette, and I had to flag the waitress down to ask for some. Another waitress or runner walked by and saw our glasses empty. She asked if we needed refills, and we said yes. Shortly thereafter our waitress came with the refills. I had to remind the waitress about the picante sauce as she had forgot it. She apologized, and brought back the picante sauce, and once again disappeared.

What's funnier, we ended up having another waitress or runner ask if we needed anything else after our meals were finished. I told her we needed the check, and that my son and I would like to order a couple of desserts to go. She brought us our carry out orders, and the waitress showed up with the check.

I have absolutely no complaints with our meals. Everything was warm, cooked to order, and was very good. The food helped make up for the poor service a bit.

The service wasn't the worst I've ever had, but it was pretty poor. I don't know if the waitress is new, or if she had her mind somewhere else. The service wasn't totally terrible, but it was not good either.

That's the sad thing about this restaurant. The food is good, but the service is never really better than average. I'm local, and we would eat there more often if they would get their wait staff in gear. A few of the waitresses are good, but the majority of them are just barely going through the motions.

I'd rather go somewhere else where I don't have to keep waiting on refills, and have to keep asking for condiments to finally get them. If the food hadn't been so good I would have rated them as poor.

For a restaurant that's smack in the middle of the competition, you would think the wait staff would step up their game a bit.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The service was SLOW, the server was nice enough, the food was barely warm. Thought it might have improved since a year ago...nope, it will be a long time before we go back!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Finally took our order. Came out and said there were no more chicken pot pies. reordered. Now they were out of broasted chicken. reordered. Steak was ordered rare- looked and tasted like jerky. Bagged salads were not fresh. Great sweet bacon appetizer. Took two hours from start to finish.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I’m sitting here in Bob Evans as I’m writing this review and our waitress is just overwhelmed seem to be way understaffed here we are local but be warned this is slow service hoping the food is better.