Mardi Gras Casino & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites(Cross Lanes)
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfrench quartermardi grasdog trackmade to order omeletsmini barplayers cardrv parkingsmoke free environmenttable gamescandy barsprime ribnon smokingfree breakfastwalls are thinplayers clubkeurig coffee makerpoker room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My brother & I, and our wives, just returned from a very nice Weekend at this hotel/Casino.

Pro's: ... A very clean , friendly, hotel, the King Delux Rooms are very nice...Amenities in room are contemporary... Nice HDTV , Ipod/Iphone dock, Kuereg coffee machine, bathrooms/Showers very nice. All encounter w/Staff were pleasant and professional. The made to order omellet breakfasts were delicious... Room Service delivered a nice cheese/Cracker spread to our party on the outside seating area of the lobby.(reasonably priced), The happy Hour at the Lobby/Bar, & bartender was pleasant.

Cons" .... There are'nt many... we did enjoy the pool & Spa, the pool was very nice... but the spa is dissapointing... due to lack of jets, & weak pressure.... not very therapeutic after a workout. The fitness area is small, w/minimal options. (we took a long walk instead)
There was one dissapointing feature... as our visit was because of the Blues Festival in Charleston (10 miles away), which the Casino was a Major Sponsor, I was hoping there would be shuttle service , but there was'nt... unless you had a party of 10 or more... ??
Oh well... we took a cab on night one, :($56 r/t,which I would'nt recommend... because the drive is easy into town and parking is cheap.)
There were quite a few loud folks in the hallways at nites... so if you sleep lite.. ask for a room at the end of the hall...
As far as the Casino ... we are not big gamblers... So I can't speak to this feature..
We did watch and wager on several of the Greyhound Races... that was FUN...
It was "Preakness" race weekend, and the casino was very busy w/horse racing Fans.
We did not patronise the restaurants in the casino, because the weather was so beautifull we would rather be outside than in a windowless casino restaurant.
Pam is a very helpfull and conscientious Concierge, that assisted us w/information and directions to the Blues festival and dining options in Charleston.
So overall ... I do recommend this hotel/casino... the rates are fare... and the overall experience was great. If we come back to the Blues fest next year, we very likely will stay here again....

Room Tip: If noisy folks are a concern for you ... ask for a room at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We did walk around the casino quite a bit, and checked odds on machines, etc. In all cases, the odds were not very good....compared to other casinos we have been to. We did play a bit, but got disgusted at payouts pretty quickly, and left.

Not recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Went to the casino with wife when passing through WV. Stayed the night at a motel offsite because I figured it would be cheaper. Wife played slots because that's what she likes. Seemed to have many slot machines, I'm guessing well over 500. Played some slots and BJ. The place was fairly clean. It was a week day and we were there in the late morning. It is open 24 hours. It was hard to get drinks since it didn't appear they had many waitresses staffed. During are breif time there, workers came to collect the money. They were courteous, however, I found the pit bosses to be rude. One was named Jim. I can only say thank goodness he wasn't a dealer or I would have left.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking facility. Plenty of parking and valet. The food was pretty good. I have no comments on the hotel since I didn't stay there.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I spent close to a week at Mardi Gras and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my stay. The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping was more than accommodating with every request. I was fortunate to have access to the Winner's Circle on the fourth floor where Pam was my personal concierge. She was a wealth of information for places to eat, both on property and off, as well as areas of interest and things to do. Tuesday night Crabfest, yummy!
The rooms were comfortable and clean. I was at the venue working for an event and nothing beats a good place to retreat after a long day.
The complimentary breakfast with a full omelette station is a beautiful touch and nice feature.
I travel a lot and and have stayed in many hotels. Mardi Gras is doing it right and has a great staff to back up their product. Next time I am going through the Charleston, WV area, rest assured I will be staying again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Spent two nights in Executive Suite while on business travel. Room was beautiful, even had a hot tub and a huge (though non-working) fireplace. Staff were very friendly; premises very clean. But, then there are the problems that just should not be: 1) The walls in the room are paper thin. You can hear your neighbor sneeze two doors down! 2) There's a mini-fridge that houses purchasable items, but a note inside makes clear that you cannot store in it any perishables of your own. 9The Embassy Suites in fairly nearby Charleston has great accommodations that include a mini-kitchen with fridge, for far less money.) 3) Food choices are very limited and the location quite remote. While I had an escort, I didn't see a shuttle bus, there were no walkably close dining options, and I doubt the fast-food and buffet types down the road make deliveries. The breakfast buffet was quite tasty, had fabulous organic teas and was well-tended, but there were no healthy "fast" breakfast options like fruit and yogurt parfaits. Of course, this place is all about where the money is -- i.e., the casino -- but I can't comment on it as, not being a gambler, I didn't venture there.

Room Tip: Given the paper-thin walls, consider a room on a far end.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business