“Nice room, beautiful hotel for 100.00”

Mardi Gras Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nitro
Canton, Ohio
“Nice room, beautiful hotel for 100.00”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I went for a one night stay in May 2012. The hotel is new, beautiful and has the nicest bed I have ever slept in. I took my 2 kids and yes, they only can go in 2 restaurants and only track side. The staff and track personnel were very accommodating and let us know this UP FRONT. Yes there is a sensor activated mini bar and they warn you not to touch anything in it or you will be charged. The pool and hot tub were nice for me and the kids. There is plenty of family spots for dinner if you are worried about not having enough options to eat in the hotel. The free made to order omlett stand and hot breakfast buffet in the am was awesome too. I would go again. The only drawback was room service. We tried to use our player card but the guy told us that he would have to run it back down to take our points off if we wanted to use it. He said he would have done it but he would have to go all the way back down stairs.??? (they had an elevator and we were on the 3rd floor).

Room Tip: Sign up for players card and get the room for 109.00! Just sign up as soon as you get there and take...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My brother & I, and our wives, just returned from a very nice Weekend at this hotel/Casino.

Pro's: ... A very clean , friendly, hotel, the King Delux Rooms are very nice...Amenities in room are contemporary... Nice HDTV , Ipod/Iphone dock, Kuereg coffee machine, bathrooms/Showers very nice. All encounter w/Staff were pleasant and professional. The made to order omellet breakfasts were delicious... Room Service delivered a nice cheese/Cracker spread to our party on the outside seating area of the lobby.(reasonably priced), The happy Hour at the Lobby/Bar, & bartender was pleasant.

Cons" .... There are'nt many... we did enjoy the pool & Spa, the pool was very nice... but the spa is dissapointing... due to lack of jets, & weak pressure.... not very therapeutic after a workout. The fitness area is small, w/minimal options. (we took a long walk instead)
There was one dissapointing feature... as our visit was because of the Blues Festival in Charleston (10 miles away), which the Casino was a Major Sponsor, I was hoping there would be shuttle service , but there was'nt... unless you had a party of 10 or more... ??
Oh well... we took a cab on night one, :($56 r/t,which I would'nt recommend... because the drive is easy into town and parking is cheap.)
There were quite a few loud folks in the hallways at nites... so if you sleep lite.. ask for a room at the end of the hall...
As far as the Casino ... we are not big gamblers... So I can't speak to this feature..
We did watch and wager on several of the Greyhound Races... that was FUN...
It was "Preakness" race weekend, and the casino was very busy w/horse racing Fans.
We did not patronise the restaurants in the casino, because the weather was so beautifull we would rather be outside than in a windowless casino restaurant.
Pam is a very helpfull and conscientious Concierge, that assisted us w/information and directions to the Blues festival and dining options in Charleston.
So overall ... I do recommend this hotel/casino... the rates are fare... and the overall experience was great. If we come back to the Blues fest next year, we very likely will stay here again....

Room Tip: If noisy folks are a concern for you ... ask for a room at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Canton Ga
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We did walk around the casino quite a bit, and checked odds on machines, etc. In all cases, the odds were not very good....compared to other casinos we have been to. We did play a bit, but got disgusted at payouts pretty quickly, and left.

Not recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tulsa
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Went to the casino with wife when passing through WV. Stayed the night at a motel offsite because I figured it would be cheaper. Wife played slots because that's what she likes. Seemed to have many slot machines, I'm guessing well over 500. Played some slots and BJ. The place was fairly clean. It was a week day and we were there in the late morning. It is open 24 hours. It was hard to get drinks since it didn't appear they had many waitresses staffed. During are breif time there, workers came to collect the money. They were courteous, however, I found the pit bosses to be rude. One was named Jim. I can only say thank goodness he wasn't a dealer or I would have left.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking facility. Plenty of parking and valet. The food was pretty good. I have no com...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff S
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I spent close to a week at Mardi Gras and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my stay. The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping was more than accommodating with every request. I was fortunate to have access to the Winner's Circle on the fourth floor where Pam was my personal concierge. She was a wealth of information for places to eat, both on property and off, as well as areas of interest and things to do. Tuesday night Crabfest, yummy!
The rooms were comfortable and clean. I was at the venue working for an event and nothing beats a good place to retreat after a long day.
The complimentary breakfast with a full omelette station is a beautiful touch and nice feature.
I travel a lot and and have stayed in many hotels. Mardi Gras is doing it right and has a great staff to back up their product. Next time I am going through the Charleston, WV area, rest assured I will be staying again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nitro
1.0 km away
13.8 km away
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
16.4 km away
Charleston Marriott Town Center

Been to Mardi Gras Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK