All reviewshomer laughlinstayed herebreakfast bar isbagelsnice continental breakfastturkey sausagethe hotel staffcinnamon rollsbeds were comfortablefront desk staffmountaineerfiestacasinocleanlinessliverpool
Reviewed 1 April 2018

If your afraid of nasty bugs and do not want to chance taking them home with you, I would recommend staying somewhere else! We stayed two nights the second morning when Iwent to take my shower the was a very cockroach in the tub!! I had turned on the water and by the time my husband got in the bathroom the bug was gone. I was scared to shower and scared I was gonna take one home with me. they did not seem surprised when I mentioned at the front desk. and now apology was offered! Never before have I ever stayed somewhere there was bugs!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sally M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi Sally M,

Thank you for your time in writing a review about your stay with us. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the issues you had in your bathroom. What you described certainly isn't what we want our guests to have. Rest assured your feedback has been shared with the management team and cleaning staff to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. Be breakfast bar is well stocked with a nice variety of foods and the pool was clean and not overly chlorinated. It snowed while we were here and the lobby was mopped several times and they had the parking lot plowed in a timely manner.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed here because mountaineer was booked the staff was not very friendly at all was almost like they were mad because they have to work for a living hello news flash so do I. The breakfast was mediocre nothing special need to take lessons from other holiday inn express locations.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hi John S!

Thanks for choosing us for your trip in Newell and sharing your experience! While we're glad that your stay stay was satisfactory on most part, we're sorry that we fell short of your expectations on our hotel staff's service and breakfast buffet. We'll certainly look into your concerns and reference them as areas of improvement. After all, everybody here wants each of our guests to leave with pleasant memories.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to show you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews we receive every week.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hotel and staff were very accommodating. Everyone was very friendly and the location (down the street from the Fiesta factory) was perfect. The breakfast in the morning was standard, but the staff working the area was excellent. They kept everything well stocked throughout the breakfast hours

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Hotel is very convenient to Homer Laughlin Factory....a few hundred yards done the road. They have a nice continental breakfast to get the day started and coffee is on 24/7. The room is clean and comfortable and the hotel staff very accommodating. There are some small restaurants in the area (Chester, WV and E. Liverpool Oh) that are worth checking out.

Room Tip: If you go during one of Fiesta's "tent sales" book early!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple