See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

You really can’t ask for a better night staff
Carla and Josh were the front desk workers, Carla worked quickly to check me in and Josh even took the time out of his night to show me where my room was after I very clearly had trouble finding it.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, everything here has a purpose and works, you get a great rate and I can’t find a reason to complain

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I visited this place several times. Spacious room, great location, close to places of interest and attractions, excellent for longer stay.. a big renovation is going on which may add to the value of this place.

Room Tip: rooms are similar (very good)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I had a room in the C block (sounds like a prison but isn't) on the ground floor. The room was large and furnished with a couple of very nice pieces, i.e., a wooden dresser with a granite top and a wooden desk with a glass protective cover. The bed was king size and the sheets and comforter were nice. The floor was a laminate which I prefer over carpet (who knows what lurks in a carpet!).
The bathroom tub/shower had granite walls which matched the granite sink/vanity.
Overall, I was pleased especially given the price.
Some small negatives; one, the first floor units are recessed a foot or two below ground level making the room somewhat dark, two, the drainage of water in the shower was slow creating a shallow pool of water during my shower and three, one needed to press the handle on the toilet for the entire cycle for a complete flush.
I was in a hurry the next morning and didn't partake of the breakfast.
Overall, I would return - it is an inexpensive room providing reasonable safety, cleanliness and comfort.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank You for staying with us.Your feedback is very much appreciated. We will have this issues addressed right away.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Breakfast: There were 3 mini cupcakes, 4 mini bagels, about 6 slices of stale bread. The cream cheese for the bagels was a block of cream cheese with a nasty knife stuck in it. The butter was a bucket of crockery spread. And the syrup was a big squeeze bottle of aunt Jamima. Ironically, they were out of the batter for the waffles. Quite the spread. Oh, and wifi was spotty at best.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We arrived at WVU Graduation, on a Business trip.
Hotel M has an excellent location. It is the ONLY good thing we have to say about our visit.
The area is new and clean and modern. This place is a time warp back to the 1980's.
It looks like it should be condemned.
Stained sheets didn't fit on bed
Pieces of food under said sheets.
Room smelled terrible
ADA Handicap rail was laying on bathroom floor. Tub was still dirty.
Remote did not work
WIFI was not working! Had to go to office to access signal!
Listening to our "meth head" Drug-dealing neighbors through the paper thin walls at 4am.
Broken Down Junk Cars in parking spaces next to us. They had their car parts taking up two spaces.
Drug Sale sin Parking Lot.
Pool is bone dry
No "Conference center." Hotel M- and "Conference Center"???Not!
Continental Breakfast is Non-Existent- The Room for dining smells like old gym socks.
No Restaurant, or Bar.
We scheduled a meeting with some realtors, and The Only place we had to meet was the dirty lobby.
*Staff /Manager was a nice ,friendly guy, but clearly had no Hospitality Experience.Looked like he had not slept in days. Told us, with his apologies, "Hotel Owners did not give him any staff to cover operations, and were in process of dumping the place!"
Door that barely locks and has zero weather stripping.
Zero Security- There was good lighting, but "it" only showed the decay of the Old Building)
Laundry room was disgusting, had not been cleaned in years..The equipment from the 80's
They run some type of extended stay- Low-Income Housing Units in the complex. Old Furniture and garbage packed in front of their rooms.
It is not cheaper, than other, nearby Hotels, We moved out second night to Hotel across the roadway.
Avoid this dump at all costs. County Health should condemn it.
Insects noticed in our room. We were going to report to County Health, but decided; "this place', has to be "on their list" already.

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business