“Keep driving”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Toronto, Canada
“Keep driving”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

it was late and we were exhausted.. we were told that they didn't have any doubles left. was offered a king for the same coupon price... we went into the room & I wanted to run the other way. The room was very worn out.. the couch looked like it would swallow you whole if you sat on it.. the chair at the table was broken, refused to use the shower.. the end tables haven't been dusted in forever.. there was an inch of dust on the electrical outlets, drapes from the 70's, torn tattered carpet, holes in walls, needs painting YUCK!

Room Tip: Avoid the backside of "d" building
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
allentown, pa
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The second you walk in the lobby it smells like pets and mold. There were odd things just laying around everywhere like scrub brushes laying in the middle of the floor of the breakfast area, a broom head just laying around in their game room. Rooms were infested with stink bugs that dive bomb you all night and have tucked themselves into bed with you. Website is VERY deceiving do not stay here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank lizzytish2002

Travellers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

rochester, NY
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to Florida.I called in advance to make sure we could get a renovated room, and although it is on a space availability basis, they were not crowded and obliged me. The room surprised us as it is was remodeled with laminated flooring, and lime and lemon stucco wall paint..... different but stark and appealing. The room and bath were clean.The room was quiet, and no noise problems.

On the plus side. the front desk help was very nice, and the breakfast was more than adequate with the waffle machine and ready made omelets at the buffet. On the negative was that the internet signal was too weak for the room. Someone came to look at it to no avail. We were offered a room change but it wasn't important enough to us.The other issue was that after flushing the toilet, the water kept running but we figured out how to stop it.

In summary I might give it another try, but ask for your needs at the front desk.

Room Tip: be sure to have a renovated room and guaranteed room with internet service
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 November 2011

when we arrived it looked pretty nice from the outside and the check in was nice and clean...Problem happened when entered the room and the lamp was broken and the refrigerator still had other peoples stuff in it...The place did look clean and the bathroom seemed fine...Bed was pretty comfortable but problem when we awoke and in my kids bed they seen a bug...we put it in cup and I took it to office, they told me was not a bed bug it was a water bug and said that the Health inspector had been there the day before and had taken every bed apart and was told they were clean and that the only thing they had was water bugs...Yea well water bugs are not in the bed....was going to stay second night but after finding bug we packed up and got out of there...I was very surprised that the hotel staff could have cared less.....now 2 days later we find red spots so the bugs had bitten us...Stay Away.......

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Angie h
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I have NEVER seen such filth in my life! I truly believe someone will risk their health staying at this place. The website for this place is false advertising and deceitful. Upon arriving I was appalled at the exterior appearance of the facility but thought I'd remain optimistic and have faith in the photos I'd seen on the website of the hotel, so I checked in and drove to my room in building D. I was at least smart enough not to take my bags in the dungeon room, my husband and I entered the room to check it out - it was horrific! The sheets were stained, the ceiling filthy, etc., etc., I immediately left the room and refused to stay. I was in town for homecoming and remembered this hotel (under a different name, the Holiday Inn) when I attended WVU in the early 90s which at that time was decent. I cannot believe this hotel passes any type of health codes and cannot believe it is still open for business! Its a shame how the owners of this hotel deceive people and exploit folks love of WVU and desire to stay in Morgantown. Needless to say without even a fight the hotel immeditately refunded me my money. I booked the room through Travelocity who I am even more dissatisfied with because I can't believe they don't evaluate the quality of the hotels they endorse and do business with. This hotel is a health hazard, bad for business, a black eye for Morgantown and the WVU community, it should be shut down and condemned. I get so angry, repulsed and saddned thinking about the hotel and how it almost ruined my long planned fun filled weekend with former dear friends and fellow alumni. I thank God for shielding me from danger and providing an alternative solution for a safe and healthy stay. Morgantown developers need to invest in building more quality hotels, its especially needed for big athletic weekends, currently all the decent hotels get booked quick and your only options are the subpar overpriced hotels....I probably won't be back in Morgantown, a place I love, for a long time, this experience has disturbed me greatly.

• Stayed October 2011