All reviews lobby bar mezzanine level downtown area high street continental breakfast late at night love seat beautiful lobby an older hotel sitting area room was large definitely stay here again parking lot is waffles pleasant stay third floor exercise room
Reviewed 23 April 2018

The Clarion Hotel Morgan is right in downtown Morgantown making it extremely easy to walk to a great many places. It is an old, vintage hotel which still has retained its charm. The rooms are very basic but comfortable. The restaurant and bar are really above average, and it is so great having them right there.Tthere is also a really nice complimentary breakfast served on the mezzanine level. We have stayed several times, and it has always been a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Being that the hotel is downtown, only recommendation would be a room above the mezzanine.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for staying with us at The Clarion Hotel Morgan. It's great to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and that your experience was a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again.
Traci Bailey and Staff

Reviewed 12 April 2018

LOVVVVVE this hotel.

Right in the heart of Morgantown. Walkable to everything cool in town. Great food in the hotel and walking distance.

Classic old school feel with modern day comfort.

Spent two days here and wish I could have spent more. Perfect hotel to stay at and rest between jumping out to explore Morgantown.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I have also learned on my last visit that JFK has stayed here as well. The hotel reminds me of something from the movies. As you walk in there is a bar located on the left and a gym awaiting your use on the right. The staff was very friendly and helpful during the check-in process. The hotel also has a laundry room located on the lower level. Wi-fi works through out the hotel which is great! There is also a restaurant located on the 8th floor of the hotel. The convenience of the location is also fantastic. There is plenty of shopping and food within walking distance. The room was very spacious- similar to a studio apartment, and the beds were very comfortable. I will try and stay here every time I come to Morgantown. Great place!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This hotel was a funny mix of dated charm and just dated. Our room had multiple, fairly large holes in the walls, and a dingy, yellowed bathroom. The front lobby area and the architecture promised more, and could be quite cool with some love. We stayed here on a road trip, and chose it partly because they were fine with bringing our bicycles into our rooms, which is a must when you have this many bicycles. It is also very close to a fantastic microbrew bar called The Apothecary. So, although it wasn't the most elegant stay, it was perfect for our purposes and we'd likely go back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for choosing The Clarion Hotel Morgan for your hotel choice. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return the next time you are in the Morgantown area.
Traci Bailey and Staff

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Morgan 1 night while visiting family. I booked through Priceline, which had never steered me wrong before, but I should’ve spent more money to stay somewhere else. I took my luggage up to the room on the 5th floor, only to find out that the key didn’t work. When I tried to go back downstairs to the desk, I got stuck in the elevator that was stuck on that floor. The other elevator wouldn’t come to the 5th floor because it thought that the first car was already there. So there I was, forced to lug my large suitcase down 5 flights of stairs just to get the key reprogrammed. When I finally got in to the room, I was a little disappointed. It is clear that the hotel hasn’t been updated since the early 90s. The deadbolt on the door wouldn’t engage because it didn’t line up with the door jamb properly. There was hair on the pillows on the bed. I tried to look out the window but saw what could’ve been chocolate (best case scenario) on the curtains. For the money, it was ok, but I don’t think I will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018
Traci B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.