“Snowshoe Ski Trip”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Bed on main floor
loft
Snake Run borders property
Cabin in the Fall
Road leading to the cabin
Road from main house
Winter view
Side view of cabin
Aerial View
View from west side of cabin
Front view looking east
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
April A
“Snowshoe Ski Trip”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This cabin is off the beaten path, rests on 85 wooded acres (great hikes!), and overlooks a babbling brook. It's near SO MUCH! From state and national parks and kayaking operations to skiing at Snowshoe. Cabin is well furnished and incredibly well stocked--bonus farm fresh eggs provided!! No wifi or TV was clearly advertised *and* appreciated!! Open floor plan with loft is perfect for a family of 4-6 people. It would benefit from some modest updates (loft stairs and linoleum flooring), but overall, this cabin is a hidden gem!!! We will be back!!!

WildWonde...
Ripley, West Virginia
“Well Appointed Vacation Home”
Reviewed 19 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Quiet cabin-style home. The unit is well prepared for guests. Frank, the host, was very congenial and attentive to any request. It felt like staying at a friends house, which is - I think, high praise for a host. A great place to stay if you want to get away and relax. Visit the resident beaver ponds. Stay up late and listen to the owls.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with pets
my10pets
Bridgeville, Delaware
“Complete Bliss”
Reviewed 2 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I wish I could give at least 10 stars to this beautiful serene cabin and the very attentive hosts,Frank and Mick.
If you like total comfort,from the beds to the fully equipted kitchen then this is the place for your vacation.I became so spoiled,when I returned home,I wanted new plates and silverware as well as new beds and bedding.The veiws were amazing as well as the deck.The grill was wonderful as was the dvd and cd collections.My dog and I danced to "The best of swing" while my husband grilled our diner on the deck.What fun! They had every type of music imaginable.A short path away was the beaver pond.My first ,but not my last ,as we will be back in the fall..We sat in front of a romantic fire every night in the wonderful fireplace.Outside the fire pit was great.There were white lights strung along the deck and front of the cabin for night time enjoyment.The fresh eggs ( a gift from Frank and Mick) were the best.Everything was a delight.
Thank you ,my hosts,for the memories .See you soon.
Linda and Frank Hendricks

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was amazing.I can`t choose.
Liked least: Nothing,everything was perfect
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ElinaYel
Northbrook, Illinois
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

After a busy week on the road trip Chicago-Philadelphia-Washington, we decided to decompress at some natural retreat. We could not have chosen a better place! The cabin is located off any busy road, the silence and serenity there are amazing. The cabin itself is very romantic. It's well appointed, furnished and decorated with impeccable taste. Our two teenage boys were thrilled to sleep in the loft with pull up ladder. My husband and I enjoyed our evenings with the glass of wine on the porch, listening to the creek below.
For those who enjoy hiking (as we do), the Kumbrabow National Forest is very close, where you can take a lovely walk to the top of the trail and be stunned with awe. The amazing panoramic view of the Appalachian Mountains will take your breath away every time you see it.
Frank, the owner, deserve a separate mention. We felt that we met an old friend who is absolutely delighted to see us and share his love for this amazing land. He gave us an unforgettable ride on his RTV through the forest! Thank you and we hope to be back one day.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and cabin itself
Liked least: I liked everything.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Albert L
Derry, Pennsylvania
“Best vacation EVER!”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My partner and I found a little piece of heaven, so to speak. We were amazed at the minute details that were put into place at the cabin. It truly is a home away from home, only difference is that you don't have the daily stress factors playing on your every nerve. When someone tells you to stop and smell the coffee, do just that. We enjoyed the quiet, restful, fully equipped cabin including fresh eggs. We also enjoyed the welcome we received upon our arrival. We have never met more gracious hosts than Frank and Mick. The cabin is simply beautiful. There are not enough adjectives to describe just how amazing this place is. We recommend it to everyone who asks how our trip went and plan to return later. Elkwater takes you back into time, if you will; no cell phones, no TV only you and the other people who are there with you. Rediscover yourself, enjoy the simplicity of life before some of modern technology came about. The cabin sits in a valley of mountains surrounding it and they are simply gorgeous. The fresh air, oh my, no smog. In closing, my partner and I have told the owners that we did not want to leave, that is how much we liked it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The attention to detail and the helpfulness of the hosts
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing