Comfort Inn Aikens Center
Travelocity
Heritage Inn(Martinsburg)
US$ 57
Hotels.com
All reviewsfourth floorfront deskroom was cleanthe breakfast areawafflesgreat place to staydunkin donutsoutdoor poolhot breakfaststay there againstaff was friendlygreat roomparking lotnext morninglight sleeperbathroom doorfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2011

After spending hours on the road,I stopped at the Comfort Inn in Martinsburg,WVA and was greeted with a very friendly and knowledgeable check-in staff.
Room was clean,5 pillows on the bed and they were not "flatties" either.Comfy bed.Heater and AC worked great.Fridge and microwave in good working order.
Flatscreen TV was crystal clear and the channel selection was above average.
Shower water pressure, very good and water temp was well into the hot range.
Breakfast selection was exceptional,scrambled eggs,sausage links,waffles,cereals,milk,coffee,juice,yogurt,bagels and bread.Breakfast area was easy to navigate.
Definitely would be a return stay if in the area.The only drawback was not with the place itself,but trying to cross the road can be a trying experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kingmrf
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Choose this hotel when we saw an ad in the discount coupon guide at the rest areas. Hotel is easy on and off I-81. Room was clean. Beds were ok. They also have a microwave and mini fridge in the room. They provide a continental breakfast in the morning which was good. They served scrambled eggs, bacon, and provided cold cereal. Close to restaurants and gas stations. They also have a pool but we did not use it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed overnight here on our way to PA. Check in was easy and pleasant. The desk clerk was warm and friendly and offered us a wake up call since we mentioned we needed to get on the raod early the next morning. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfats was as expected and we were able to eat and not worry about finding somethingn on the road. I used the excerise facility and have to say it is one of the best I have found yet in a hotel. When we checked out the same desk clerk was still on duty and he chatted with us as we checked out. I would and will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stopped in overnight as a result of the discount coupon included in those booklets you find in interstate highway travel centers. A good rate, but as overnight lodging, there is nothing to recommend it. The lobby staff was very friendly. But in terms of maintenance and operations, they have cut too many corners. Examples: a table lamp with a broken switch, a noisy refrigerator, a bathroom faucet that was constantly running, show fixtures that looked not to have been wiped down in quite some time, and a really poor breakfast buffet, probably the worst we have experienced. Wi-fi routers on two floors only, leaving a very weak signal for guests on other floors. And to top it off, we learn that the Choice Hotels loyalty program does not apply to discounted rooms, which is the only reason we have stopped in any of the Choice Hotel properties. We won't be staying with them again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn in the past and enjoyed it. I was extremely displeased this time. Our room was not the cleanest, but what bothered me most was the awful cigarette odor that was soaked into the beds. We were in a nonsmoking room and felt that shouldn't have been an issue. I was actually awaken several times in the night because my face was off of the pillow and the odor was choking.

It is really time for an upgrade to the old, uncomfortable, smelly beds.

On a positive note, I enjoyed the work-out area. I was provided a free toothbrush because I had forgotten mine. That is important because I had forgotten it in other hotels that advertised they had complementary items they did not actually have.

• Stayed: February 2011