All reviews greenbrier river private hot tub quick trip love this place patton driveway
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I go there all the time. Usually I go in Winter for Skiing at Snowshoe but I also go other times of the year. I also know the owners and they are very nice. I always stay in room #4 but also the Yank cabin is fantastic with the outdoor Hot Tub next to the creek and the meadow. I will return soon.

Room Tip: In the main house, room #2 is my favorite but #4 is cheapest-Yank cabin I love
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Yank last December with our two dogs and it was wonderful. Quiet, peaceful, beautiful. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub overlooking a small creek and a meadow. We hiked off the Highland Scenic Highway, and loved every trail.

I returned to Jerico twice this summer for work. I stayed in the Yank for a week and still greatly enjoyed it. Much more comfortable than staying in a motel and with all the appliances needed to survive for a week of work. The second time I was in town I stayed at the Milroy and then the Loring. The Milroy is small, but was just fine for what I needed it for (eating, sleeping, showering). The Loring was AMAZING. Very spacious. A huge back porch right on the Greenbrier River. If you're traveling with a large group and want to feel at home, I highly recommend the Loring. It, too, had a hot tub.

The owners, Tom and Lindy, are very accommodating and friendly.

I plan to return again, both for play and work.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Stayed one night in the large house, second floor, with my own porch and a very nice room. Excellent host and breakfast. Great place to stay especially for bikers on the GR Trail. Highly recommend to one and all.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016

There is no door for privacy in the master bedroom. To make matters worse, there's a window, without curtains, viewable into the bedroom from the living room. A curtain placed in the doorway blows all night in the wind. While the air cools considerably after dark, the doors and windows need to be left open to create a breeze necessary to keep the cabin cool during the night. The small window unit in the kitchen isn't big enough to do the job. I tossed and turned all night with stuffy nasal passages that cleared up instantly upon standing. There are no screens in the windows upstairs. Concerned for flying insects, my daughter refused to open the window in the warm loft. The electric oven burned my Pillsbury Ready Bake Cookies in 8 minutes flat while somehow leaving raw dough in the middle. My personal Airbake cookie sheet from home has never scorched anything until then. I've forgotten baked foods many times, long enough to set off the fire alarm at home, but the Airbake never burned before. Maybe the high altitude was to blame. Nope. Pillsbury insists their product doesn't require special alterations until the elevation reaches 3500 ft. Marlinton is 2,126 ft. Something is wrong with that oven. I'm shocked no one has complained before me. The heating element was still glowing bright red upon removal despite preheating. Only now that I'm complaining will I bother to say, the hot tub is also a disappointment with jets so light, they do nothing for achy muscles, none available to reach legs & feet and 2 of the 4 seats are totally nonfunctional. FYI, there are only 3 cereal bowls and 3 pieces are missing from the Backgammon board. The lighting is low throughout and I couldn't reach the bathroom ceiling lights. That's a shame because this place is absolutely beautiful. The craftsmanship was amazing and inspiring. Tom should be awarded for preserving these cabins. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to live in a little piece of history, if only for 1 night. Next time, I will specify a room with a latched door instead of requesting a room with "privacy". I was not warned that I would need to wash, dry and put away used dishes. Only after my trip to the IGA did I notice. It added strain to our 7am departure. Please inform guests during the reservation process who might opt to bring styrofoam bowls for cereal instead. We were not expecting TV reception at the cabin. That was a nice surprise. My daughter's AT&T data package worked but it was spotty. She found a special place in the loft to text. Snapchat photos were extremely slow sending but Facebook scrolled with ease. The inn keepers provided a lighter for the grill. That was a special touch. It appeared there were adequate stainless steel pots and pans for stove top cooking as well as utensils and measuring devices. I would suggest bringing your own metal bakeware because theirs should already be decomposing in a landfill somewhere but please, don't bake there at all. Not until the oven is replaced. Overall, this place has brilliant potential. A proper door and an oven would score this cabin a 9 out of 10. One more thing. The Ruckman only has a shower. No tub. We didn't use it. I can't comment on the water pressure. The sinks flowed as expected. Hopefully my review wasn't hurtful. Lack of a door ruined it for me at this price point. Especially after requesting private sleeping quarters away from the kids. A flowy curtain next to the bathroom and the refrigerator, simply doesn't fit the bill.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2015

I have lived in Marlinton and stayed at three bed and breakfast lodgings. I thought the one on the hill was nice until I stayed at the Jerico. Actually the Locust Hill is nice enough but Jerico is so much more interesting. And they have a great dog too.

The price is fair, the setting beautiful and the furnishing and odd bits are very interesting. Food was excellent. Now if you want to buy and drink alcohol the Locust Hill has that and Jerico doesn't. So.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business