Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Awesome experience

Reviewed 21 July 2018
814gunnerw
via mobile
Great Climbing and Rappelling Experience! Give this place a try!!

Reviewed 30 June 2018
powell1214
Georgia
via mobile

All reviews his craft rappel encouraging safety guide
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a one on one lesson for our daughter. Did the half day climb, should have done the full day. Staff was awesome, very helpful - well worth the money.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I, both in our late 50’s-early 60’s, went to Hard Rock Climbing for a half-day trip and had a great experience! Though we had been rappelling once, we had no climbing experience. Our guide, Bayer, took us to a nearby spot for an 80-ft. rappel, which was wonderful! We both did the rappel twice and it was so fun! He then took us to a climbing place on the same trail with several types of climbs from the very beginner, which would be me, to the more advanced. I tore my meniscus back in December, so I was worried about doing this but loved it. My husband and I both completed several climbs of different styles. Bayer was wonderful—so patient and encouraging! He truly wanted us to succeed and have a good time! The owner of the business is a native to the area, which is unusual in the outdoor recreation community, and has a well-established, small operation. Bayer, our guide, was very knowledgeable of his craft and the area. His laid-back demeanor made it a great encouraged us to try new things and keep trying! I highly recommend this business.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Bryan was a perfect match for 2 young teenage boys climbing & rappelling on a real big rock! Much different than the fake indoor practice walls. Bryan provided safety, respect for nature, and the enjoyment of discovery. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This half-day one-on-one instruction was one of my favorite mornings in recent memory. Deb was such an excellent guide that I wish I could hire her to just teach me random things about my surroundings and shout motivational things at me every day. She made me feel super confident and tough even though I am new to climbing and stuck to mostly easier climbs. I felt challenged physically and mentally, totally motivated thanks to Deb, and of course moved by the beauty of New River Gorge. Can't recommend this enough!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This was our first time trying rock climbing and we loved it. Deb was a wonderful instructor and was so encouraging and helpful. This is certainly something you want to try while in the area and make sure to go with Hard Rock Climbing!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing morning with Debbie and Brian. They have incredible passion and knowledge of the area and climbing. We have 4 kids (13,11,9,6) and each pitch was perfect blend of challenge and fun. They have us great recommendations for other hikes and fun things to do. These guys are the real deal!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Hard Rock was excellent! Deb and Brian took our whole family out and made sure we were all comfortable and challenged..! We all had an absolute blast... the guides brought us to a great starter climb to teach us the basics and build our confidence, then helped us rappel and tackle a larger climb. This was a great way to spend our vacation!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Our guide was very knowledgeable and made sure everyone had fun! Great area with varying levels of difficulty.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Neither my daughter nor I had ever rappelled or rock climbed. The guide was very patient and gave great instruction. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and can't wait to do it again. Definitely recommend especially for newbies.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Great experience. This was my first time doing any climbing. I'm hooked! Our guide was great. She took us to cliffs that were challenging but doable. We did a half day and climbed 3 cliffs. The first I think was for her to see how we did. It was definitely a fun climb. The second cliff was much more difficult but we made it. The third was a real challenge. 2 of us didn't make it and then the guide climbed it like it was nothing. If...I mean when we go back, I will definitely climb with Hard Rock Climbing!