“strictly average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falling Waters
Ellicott City, Maryland
“strictly average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here only for one night,
late check in was smooth , the room was slightly worn, and the staff put us in one of corner rooms , which i think was originally designed to be a 1 bedroom suite , but was later changed to a king bed suite,so what we had was large L shaped room with a kIng bed in a corner and the TV at least 15 feet away.Strange!
The internet was okay, but required a login ID from the reception.
The Tv was not an LCD TV, but an old style one.
We did not use the business center, Hence no comments.
Free Breakfast was standard holiday inn exp fare, nothing special but nothing bad.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

We made an overnight stop, needing a place that would accept pets. We have stayed at many HI express hotels and thought it would be a good choice. The hotel appears fairly new, but minor maintenance issues were bothersome. The bathroom sink would not drain and the shower rod wal literally falling off the wall. I was hoping it would make it through my shower. When I grabbed a Towel off the rack, it was covered in yellow stains ! The desk person said it was their detergent and they had been having problems. Do they use yellow detergent ? Their staff should notice when they are folding up stained towels! Typical breakfast But malfunctioning warmer had cold eggs and sausage gravy. I stuck to bran flakes.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We did not stay at this hotel but I had to insert a date to write a review.

When I made the initial Holiday Inn online reservation for this hotel, there was a computer error, which was later acknowledged, and one request ended up being six different reservations. I did not realize this until I checked my account to cancel which I thought was one reservation. I cancelled all the reservations, but the hotel apparently received one four. When I received my credit card bill, there were two separate charges on my statement for the same night. I phoned the Falling Waters, WV Holiday Inn Express about the charges. The lady with whom I spoke could not have been nicer. She reviewed the charges and indicated they should not have been posted. Having no authority to do otherwise, she indicated she would take it up with the manager. Later, I called to follow up and she informed me that the manager said I would need to go through Holiday Inn (corporate) as the reservations were made online. As requested, I called Holiday Inn (corporate) who acknowledged the computer error and said they would call the Falling Waters Holiday Inn Express to see if they would credit my account or if they (Holiday Inn) would have to send me a refund check. Subsequent thereto, I received a called from Holiday Inn (corporate) informing me that they would need to send me a check. They did not elaborate but I assume that Falling Waters Holiday Inn Express would not cooperate. Therefore, I must wait, at least, from eight to ten days to receive a check in excess of $200 from Holiday Inn so I can pay the charges on my credit card. Meanwhile, I have disputed the charge with my credit card bank. All of these unnecessary calls, to say nothing of the time involved, could have been eliminated simply by Falling Waters Holiday Inn Express crediting my account with the erroneous charges. If you cancel a reservation at this property, please make sure you keep a copy of the cancellation confirmation and check your credit card statement carefully.

Otherwise, I know nothing about the property as we did not stay there.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hialeah Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

This place was not the prettiest picture on the wall, but was quite down to earth and humble...l was booked there because to my surprise the Holiday Inn was booked. When l arrived l was a little taken back by the "country laid back" attitude the front desk had, l swear l had stepped into hootersville, None the less the place grew on me and let me tell you, they have the best FREE breakfast!!!...l mean a real breakfast all you can eat...eggs, pancakes, bacon, biscuts, breads...l can go on!. l would always arrive to our business meetings well fed, my co-workers were booked at the Holiday Inn and all they got was coffee.
This place is quiet and off the main roads, so there's no street noise...if you need a quiet and clean atmosphere stay there and take your appetite in the morning you'll be well fed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Great place, clean and convenient to highway. Breakfast was world class with eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and SOS and also waffles, etc.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
11.3 km away
Days Inn Martinsburg
Days Inn Martinsburg
#8 of 14 in Martinsburg

Been to Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK