We (myself, my husband, and 4 year old twins) traveled to the Resort at Glade Springs in the middle of February and had a wonderful time.
We stayed in the Inn in a junior suite. Although it was called a junior suite, it was a large one bedroom suite with doors that closed between the living and sleeping area (which is great if you have small children that go to bed early). The bedroom area was a bit cramped with the king bed, but the living area was quite large. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, working fireplace, and large jetted tub. It was quite nice.
Breakfast was included in our package. It was a typical hotel buffet - nothing spectacular, but decent. We dined at Glade's Grill (the more upscale/formal restaurant) one night and had a good meal in a nice environment. We also ate at Bunker's (the sports bar type place), which was good for what it was and perfect for families with kids.
The resort is fairly spread out, so we made frequent use of the shuttle (which always came immediately when requested). The leisure center, although not a sparkling new facility, was very nice offering a lot to do. We only made use of the indoor pool, which is great for families with children (zero entry pool with a large shallow end). There were also several lanes for swimming laps and a hot tub.
We also used the kids' club for a Kids' Night Out one night. It was reasonably priced ($30 for the first child, $10 for each add'l - includes dinner). The kids' club is a nice facility with plenty to do. The kids were taken out for pizza, made use of the leisure center, and played lots of games. My kids had a good time.
Our main reason for coming was to ski (we got the ski for free package, which was a good deal). Thankfully, we picked the one weekend this winter that there was actually snow! Winterplace is a smaller ski resort, but was perfect for our family. We put our kids in ski school for one afternoon and they really liked it. We saw the instructors on the bunny hill the next day and they were very nice to our kids - even helping them out a bit, even though they weren't in class. And having the shuttle between Glade Springs and Winterplace was very nice for our family because while my husband wanted to ski all day - my kids could only last a few hours and they loved riding the bus home.
All in all, we had a very nice trip and have talked about coming back to try out all the summer activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Glade Springs is a full service destination resort offering travelers a memorable mountain escape where they can enjoy a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, outdoor adventures and recreational options while decompressing and being themselves. Its’ ideal Southern West Virginia setting provides the total package of outdoor mountain fun, world class golf, skiing, equestrian, tennis and spa services that offers great value and surpasses expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Glade Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Glade Springs Hotel Daniels
- Hotel At Glade Springs
- At Glade Springs Daniels
- Glade Springs Resort West Virginia