All reviews the concierge lounge across the street parking garage every employee breakfast buffet very nice hotel guest rooms front desk staff nice stay lobby area bed was very comfortable stayed one night staff was friendly indoor pool conference wv brian
Reviewed 15 May 2016

I traveled to Charleston for work and stayed at the Marriott 4 days last week. I have traveled a lot for work and have stayed at many hotels- this was one of the best experiences I've had, especially because of the staff. They were kind, competent, sincere and accommodating. I ate at the restaurant and ordered room service multiple times- the food was delicious every time, from the cobb salad to the salmon to the french toast. Room service always arrived earlier than the estimated time given, and was available from early in the morning until 11pm. The location is great- directly across the street from a very nice mall, a good selection of restaurants within walking distance, and a short walk to a lovely river path to take an evening run. The indoor pool was also very nice and open until 11 pm- I took a late evening swim my first night after a long day of meetings and travel. My room and bathroom were spotless, water pressure perfect, the bed and pillows very comfortable, and it was super quiet at night.

I see other reviewers criticizing the wifi charge- I signed up for the FREE Marriott rewards program the night before I arrived and enjoyed free wifi in my room during my stay. Couldn't be easier.

I would absolutely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone traveling for business or pleasure. The staff, the food, the location, the accommodations are all wonderful. I can't imagine anyone not fully enjoying their stay here, except maybe those who are never happy and always looking for a reason to complain. Those people should just stay home ;-)

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
John B, Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Greetings!
Wow... We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our team works very hard to ensure a great experience. I hope we get another opportunity to host another stay for you in the future.
If I can be of any assistance in making your next reservation, please let me know.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Room rates a bit high for smaller city like Charleston. Room & bathroom were spotless. Hotel location is great - near shopping, events, walk to downtown. Hotel restaurant is REALLY limited. Breakfast buffet is OK, expensive (price/performance). Maybe better off eating in one of many restaurants available downtown. Try First Watch for breakfast. If concerned about Charleston water safety - the hotel will give you all the bottled water you want @ $3.50 ea. WiFi setup and speed was fair/poor.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
John B, Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Greetings,
Thank you very much for staying at the Charleston Marriott Town Center and for taking the time to offer your feedback. I agree that the hotel's location is great and offers a convenient location to all downtown amenities. I am disappointed to hear your experience in the restaurant failed to meet your expectations. I would like to offer my personal apology and attempt to begin earning back your trust as we'd very much appreciate another opportunity to host you again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

I have stayed at this hotel many times, but I don't think I have ever written a review of
it. So the following is based on several stays there. First of all it's a lovely hotel very nicely decorated in the lobby and rooms. I appreciated having a mini refrigerator in the room. I have ordered room service many times during my stays at the Marriott, and food was always tasty and very appealing in its presentation. So, all in all, the hotel itself was very good.

But, it is the staff that I think is really exceptional. They were uniformly helpful, courteous, friendly, and welcoming. They really made me feel as if they were happy that I was there. Do I really think they were glad that I, R---- was there? No. They don't know me and they treated me the way they treat every other guest. However, they were VERY good at it and they TRULY made me feel welcome. Obviously, someone at the top at the Marriott Charleston Towne center really values customer service and is instilling in the entire staff the same thing.

I'm going to specifically mention the staff members names because they deserve recognition. Heidi, who worked at the reception desk, was so incredibly articulate, friendly and welcoming that she and I ended up having a chat on the telephone one night, when I had to report a problem. She was very interesting and I could have easily been talking to an old friend. I believe that the name of the person who brought me my dinner in the room was David. Again, he was friendly and courteous and you could tell that he was not trying to bolt out of the room the very second that he got the bill signed. He asked me twice if I needed else. Moments after he left I found the wrong salad dressing been sent up. I called downstairs and he was back at my room in one minute flat with the proper dressing. The housekeeper's name is Rose. Not only was the room immaculate, but she was very helpful and friendly when I needed a few things, such as having the regular coffee switched for decaf. It's as though the entire staff has drunk the Cool-Aid, in a good way, and they are doing a brilliant job of it. Another desk person, Neil, was equally friendly and welcoming.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
John B, Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Greetings Ronnritt,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share your experience. It is always great to hear when our team is able to make a positive impact on one of our guests.
One of our greatest assets is our associates. We spend a lot of time training and reinforcing our standards of service. I will share your review and comments with our team and recognize their work and commitment to service!
Thank you again, I hope we get another opportunity to host another stay for you in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

I used this hotel for a small conference for Sunday and requested a room block be reserved for our conference attendees at a price of $99 a night. I asked for this block over 2 months in advance. The room block had the wrong dates and therefore guests could no book correctly. We asked them to fix it a dozen times and they would still do it incorrectly. They finally fixed it the week before the conference. I was charged twice for the same night, one for the room block rate and one at the regular rate. They have no idea what they are doing. Do not host a conference here. You also must pay a hefty fee to use wifi and must pay $15.00 a night to park your car!

Room tip: Directly nest to the mall.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
John B, Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Greetings Kristen,

First and foremost I would like to apologize for your experience and handling of your event. Our goal is to offer our guests the best level of service and provide a memorable experience. Unfortunately in this matter we failed, I would like to discuss this in more detail.
At your convenience, please call me at 304-345-6500 and ask for John (Senior Operations Manager).
Again, My sincerest apologies and I hope we get another opportunity to host another stay or event for you in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

We were in town for a family wedding and made reservations at the Marriott due to the block of rooms being reserved. Normally, we like to stay at boutique hotels, so we were not expecting much other than the standard quality of a large chain hotel. We were pleasantly surprised - the room was clean and spacious, the staff was incredibly attentive, the fitness center and pool were well maintained with plenty of room, the breakfast buffet was delicious, and the WiFi was free for reward members. All in all, a very nice stay that exceeded our expectations.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings Purl2014,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectations! I will be sure to share your comments with our team. If you have another opportunity to visit Charleston, please let us know.