“Try the soup! ”

Ginza Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 67 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

OK restaurant in the area. It's not a real Japanese Hibachi meaning the Chef is Chinese. Lunch was reasonable. We came here for lunch and saw a lot of people in the hibachi section. We had lunch special. I had shrimp and hubby for beef. Both came with a cup of soup. Hubby ordered something extra, a plate of sushi entree which includes 2 types of sushi rolls: spicy tuna and salmon skin. I thought the food here was good. My shrimp dish was better than the beef. The soup was above average. Wouldn't mind trying it again but we didn't plan on coming here for hibachi anytime soon. I guess after trying the beef, we would decide about hibachi dinner next time. The service was ok, a little slow at first. I liked the soup they make here, they add crispy onion! That's like the secret to one of the best tastiest soups.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Ginza Japanese Steakhouse is a great place for special occasions or for any occasion. They have a sushi bar in the front of the restaurant and hibachi grills in the back. Food at the grill is plentiful and the preparation is entertaining. I've never had a bad experience here. We usually go a few times a year.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

I'm usually not one to complain. However, the service was terrible. They messed up our orders several times and didn't seem very professional. I'm not sure if they actually spoke good enough English or if this is to create an illusion for the customers, but they didn't seem to speak much English and ended up messing up the orders.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

As I used to live in Dubai, I was used to enjoying a variety of Sushi at different restaurants. As this is the only sushi in town, I was relieved that it offered a great variety of delicious Japanese delicacies. Their hibachi is great, the chefs have a good sense of humour and ensure the meal preparation is entertaining for all. Their sushi rolls and sashimi is top quality. My only criticism is that some of the serving staff don't look very happy. That is a small price to pay for great food!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I've gotten takeout several times, and had the hibachi dinner with a big group. My experiences were above average, and the sushi is excellent. Staff members have come off as "brusk", but that's just my opinion, and wouldn't personally prevent me from going back.

Date of visit: December 2016