“best in a town of not much there”
Review of C.J. Maggies

C.J. Maggies
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Buckhannon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2016

This is basically good pub food, with a varied menu and great service. The pizza is the best thing abut the menu. The appetizers are good, the old school wings, the onion straws, the zucchini are the best things on there. The salads are good, the chili my hubby said is like Hormel chili. The pasta dishes are good, the sandwiches are good.

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

CJ Maggie's is one of my favorite places to eat. Awesome food, great atmosphere, charming decor, and wonderful service. We come here everytime we vacation in WV. I will say we have also been to one in Elkins, WV and it holds no candle to the one in Buckhannon. We live in peoria, IL and I sure wish CJ would build one there. The place is clean and I really like the upstairs availability for business or Party gatherings.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Out of all the times I've been to Buckhannon, I've never been in this restaurant and my first thought before I'd even finished walking through the door was that I absolutely adore the place! It was whimsical and friendly and creative and I couldn't stop smiling! However, the greeter made me extremely wary of how the rest of the service would be. I didn't get her name but she had dirty blonde hair and was EXTREMELY skinny. My grandma requested not to be sat near any children, and she did so politely but insistently and was also adamant about sitting in a booth but again, she was polite. But that's just how old people are. When the greeter walked away to seat us, my grandma went a different way where she wanted to sit and the greeter turned to my parents and I and said, "She doesn't listen very well, does she?" That was our first clue. Now when we went in, there was only one other family there so there was plenty of seating available but not ten minutes after we'd sat down, the greeter sat a family with two small children in the closest booth to us so it's my inkling she did that on purpose. But other than that, the waitresses were extremely friendly and the food was delicious. I definitely plan on going there again, I just hope the greeter has received a lesson in common decency by then.

Thank Bees !
Reviewed 15 April 2016

The service and atmosphere are good. The food is amazing! I was visiting with my children and was taken to eat here. I had to go back again before I left! It's a little pricey, but we'll worth it! A great eat if you're passing thru!

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

We were directed here by local hotel staff while traveling through. We were warned the portions were huge and ordered 3 meals for 4 people and still has leftovers. Food was great and piping hot. Service was so-so but we arrived at the end of their day so I suspect they were tired. They were not rude, just not very cheery. Prices were reasonable. I would avoid the nachos as we didn't like the chips and they were below average but it did not shadow our experience. I wish I had a place like this where I lived. Would highly recommend.