“Summer Visit to WV”

Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 30 January 2012

One of two hotels of choice for WV visits, even though family & friends are 20 minutes south in Fairmont. They have good rates, which usually include a 2-day discount. This helps because rates in the area are high due to low supply. Its a standard Wyngate, with good sized rooms & just enough facilities. Breakfast is fine. Good front desk staff. Clean hotel.

The location is a bit out of the way from everywhere, but it's right off of I-79 which helps. Only downside for us is the "Convention Center" that's attached to the hotel. Tends to have weddings, resulting is weekend crowds I could live without. Upside is a BW3 located at the end of the road, which means easy access to beer, food & sports.

Got a jacuzzi suite for an extra 10 bucks this visit, which is a pretty good/cheap upgrade...which also gives you a quiet corner room.

Room Tip: Got a jacuzzi suite for an extra 10 bucks. You won't see it clearly on the rates section of webs...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us to gain new potential customers and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed here on Sat night with a large group for a Formal party in the adjoining Conference Center. Check-in was quick & easy. Lots of amenities which we didn't get a chance to take advantage of such, as popcorn and cookies in lobby (our group had their own hospitality room), but I did enjoy a cup of hot tea in the afternoon. Room was clean and well equipped. Had nice table for computer w/free wi-fi. Microwave & refrig. Didn't get a chance to check out pool as we were too busy & there was a childs b'day party going on, but it looked nice. Enjoyed breakfast bar which was kept well stocked. Had glass mugs for coffee as well as carry-out cups. Overall experience was very good. Nice that our function was in adjoining center so we didn't have to go out in cold.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us to obtain new customers and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband was here on business, and I tagged along.
The staff was very friendly--when we requested extra pillows & blankets at the front desk, they glady brought them up to our room (with a smile).
The breakfast was good...make-your-own waffles, sausage patties, egg patties, biscuits, sweets, coffee & juice.
The fitness center was very small, but it worked fine for me. There were 2 treadmills, a stationary bicycle, a stairclimber (I think) and a weight machine. There was a nice flatscreen TV which I used while I ran the treadmill. Overall for me, a very nice, relaxing stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
TJ N, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning this facility.

A Postive comment such as this is always appreciated

Please contact me directly at gmwingate@lodgingdev.com or the Asst. General Manager Adam Mills at asstgmwingate@lodgingdev.com or via telephone at 304-808-1000 if we can host you again in the future

Reviewed 12 October 2011

The hotel is a nice hotel. The pool and spa needs some renovation, but the room was clean and very comfortable. They have a great business center and a good breakfast.

Room Tip: The rooms rates fluctuate very fast. My room rates changed over a week of stay of over $150 from one...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here on the way home from Florida to Toronto and was happy to see the friendly faces when we checked in during a massive rainstorm courtesy of tropical storm lee! Popcorn was popping in the old-fashioned popcorn popper in the lobby and there were fresh cookies by the registration desk. It was late in the evening but was great to find out that the pool was open to 11pm. The room had great soundproofing, very comfortable beds, and we were happy to see the fridge and microwave in the room. The only negative was that the room smelled a bit stale however that could be attributed to the storm so I didn't take any points off for that.

Breakfast in the morning was adequate but I hope that in the future, they will offer warm eggs instead of cold boiled eggs. The breakfast room was quite crowded when we went down for breakfast and when the nice lady taking care of the breakfast room noticed us looking for a table she happily told us to make ourselves comfortable in the conference room if we liked, which we did and we were very pleased. Juices were plentiful, varied and delicious and coffee was much enjoyed.

Overall a lovely stay and we would not hesitate to go back again! The location is perfect, right off the I79 so it's easy to find and easy to get back on your way in the morning. Also, a HUGE plus that there's a gas station right in front of the hotel so it's easy to fuel up before catching the highway!

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room and was given one on the first floor away from the elevators and lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family