All reviewsfree breakfastpassing through townovernight staynickinnsrestrooms
Reviewed 28 December 2010

The outside door would open with out a door card. you could get to the rooms through a lobby, but it was easier to use outside door. the outside door would open with out a door card. (which wasn't good) We rented a king size room and were very happy with the price and the quality. The bathroom was very nice, there was a open coat closet that also had a iron board and iron. no micro fridge or microwave. bed was very comfy. my husband and i slept in the bed with our two toddlers very well.
Breakfast here was awesome, with cereal, eggs, french toast, juice, coffee, instant oatmeal, fruit, and bagels. there was an area in the lobby that was set up like a restaurant with tables, but it was self serve.
felt like a more expensive room, but with a great price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and efficient.
The manager was extremely helpful when she heard us come and having had a bad experience with a hotel up the road.
The room was large, clean and very comfortable.
We were very please with our whole stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank GranNan04
kbarefoot7, General Manager at Quality Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2010

Thank you for letting us know how well you enjoyed your visit. My staff and myself are continously striving to make the guest stay a memorable experience.
Thanks again

Reviewed 22 August 2010

The bed was comfortable but service terrible. Breakfast horrible, gross!!!! Staff too busy smoking and talking. Never again for this visitor.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KBBK

I am the new general manager of the hotel and we have applied lot of changes. I 'm sure if yiou plan a stay now you wwill be more then pleased.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

We reserved a non-smoking room but couldn't get into it because the key card wouldn't work. After 2 trips to the front desk (from the opposite side of hotel that has no elevators, the mgr informed the desk clerk that that room's lock was broken. We were informed that they only had 2 more rooms available, both of which were smoking. Being that it was after 9 pm after a very long day of traveling, we regretfully chose not to try to find another hotel. Everything in the room was sticky with smoke residue, including the shower faucet. Both bathroom faucets (sink/shower) leaked. Bathtub had red stains in it and a non-stick mat that made me wonder if I shld have been wearing shower shoes or plastic thongs. Beds were NOT pillow soft as hotel described (more like hard as a rock). Shower also so short that anyone OVER 5 feet tall would have to bend over to get under it (and I am 5 ft tall). My advice: drive a few miles down the road to Princeton to the Holiday Inn. It HAS to be better than this was. (Also wasted several hours the next morning trying to get rid of aggravated attitude.) As others described, staff was extremely unprofessional. Would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to worst enemy! Don't try to save money by staying here; save your aggravation and drive on down the road! Listen to the other reviews; they're not exaggerating. I wish I'd known about this site when I booked the room. I wldn't have stayed if I'd known the problems are long-standing.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2010

We arrived after a foot of snow fell in Bluefield. The hotel is on top of a high hill with an extremely steep driveway which was neither scraped nor salted. After watching another car fail 3 times to get up the drive, we parked across the highway at a department store and hiked across the road lugging our belongings up to the hotel which was about an 1/8 mile but steep and slick and extremely difficult in the windy, frigid weather. Upon explaining to the desk clerk where we'd been forced to park, no apology nor offer to help nor make up for the inconvenience was made.
After about 10 minutes the clerk finished checking us in and we went to our room. There was a loud, broken oscillating fan in the hall outside our room that made a consistent banging noise throughout the evening. Our bathroom door did not close, much less lock and the wallpaper was peeling all over the room. No manager was on duty and we had to be at work shortly so we didn't have time to complain.
We went to the hotel restaurant and ordered a hamburger and wings to take to our room. After 20 minutes, 4 people that were seated after us received their burgers and wings and we still had nothing. Finally, after about 40 minutes we got our food and wolfed it down before heading to work.
The next morning we wanted to talk to a manager and were told he would be in at 11am. He arrived at 1pm after numerous hotel staff members called and texted him and he walked right past us into his office. He would not come out to talk to us at all.
We exited the hotel and had to push the automatic doors open manually because they weren't working properly. We proceeded to our car (that my associate had walked to retrieve earlier) through the unscraped parking lot and slid down the treacherous drive that only had one lane scraped and were lucky enough not to meet oncoming traffic. In retrospect, I am very surprised we SURVIVED our stay at the LEAST "Quality" hotel I've ever seen.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business