All reviews passing through town overnight stay clean rooms nick inns restrooms
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Traveling with a bus group, we stopped here on the way to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We went to the restaurant, ordered a chicken sandwich, and waited 45 minutes for it to arrive at our table. There were 12 people in the restaurant. There are no other restaurants nearby, as this location is situated by itself on top of a hill. The next morning, a Sunday, one member of our group had their luggage stolen. The person from the hotel said that there were cameras that probably recorded the event, but no one from the hotel could review the recording until Monday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank michigan193
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I booked a room for three nights over the Christmas weekend. Over the years I had stayed here before while it was a Holiday Inn and watched it slowly deteriorate, but it is the best of what is available in Bluefield so I had to make do with it for this stay. I was pleasantly surprised that the ownership has refurbished since it was part of the HI chain. My room (113) was very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The beds were some of the best I've ever experienced in a hotel chain. The breakfast was standard but good. The staff was outstanding. From the check in, housekeeping, breakfast attendants and check out they were friendly and helpful. I was definitely stay here when needed the next time in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room in the winter to cut down on any noise from arrivals or departures.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I have dealt with this hotel before conducting Military contracts when it was under the Holiday Inn. So me and my wife reserved a non smoking room on 21 September and stayed 3 nights. We checked in and the whole area smelt like a smoke factory, and even the room smelled smokey. Non smoking rooms shouldnt be mixed with smoking rooms. So the next morning they moved us into another Corridor. That area had a clean smell to it. We went into the room and it had a mildewed smell in the room. We had to go on to the hospital and didnt have time to deal with the staff at the time. I came back to the room around 4 pm for a few minutes. My door was wide open and someone was shampooing the carpet and had 2 twin girls in my room. He left after a few minutes and I left back out at 4:30. Me and my wife came back after a long day at Bluefield Regional Hospital at 12:30 A.m. I couldnt even get in the room. They locked us out of our room because the room wasnt suppose to be given to us in the first place because a leak stunk up the place. I was furious because we had to go all the way to the front desk and move our belongings into another room. Then that room had trash behind the nightstand and a piece of laungerie on the floor.After all that they took a whole wopping 10 dollars off our bill. I would recommend staying 12 miles away in Princeton at another Hotel. There is no other decent place in Bluefield to stay but dumpy crack motels.

Room Tip: Go to Princeton instead.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank steelrain70
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The staff were very friendly. Rooms were clean and spacious. The bed was too hard for me, so if you have any back trouble, don't expect to be too comfortable. Good overall experience, just not a vacation spot. A plus, the breakfast bar was good and the hotel is pretty close to most of the restaurants. Princeton is not to far away and there are good places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mandms_11
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed here for 45th high school reunion. The front desk was especially helpful and attentive. Room was clean and well appointed. Nice lobby and conference rooms. A complimentary breakfast bar had pastries, coffee, tea & juices, make your own waffle, already prepared eggs, biscuits & gravy; cereals, fruit, etc. It was more than enough to start the day. The buffet dinner was very good. We had stayed at this location twice before in past years. Quality has up-graded everything. Location is very convenient and is close to shopping, etc., in just a few minutes. There is ample parking and a nice pool. No problem with noise from other rooms or hallway.

Room Tip: Be polite and ask for what you need. They will accommodate if available.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends