“Very Basic Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Tari's Premier Cafe and Inn
Atlantic City
“Very Basic Accomodations”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed for one night after meeting friends for dinner. The room was very basic. Clean and comfortable, but in dire need up dating. The bath room was tiny, with a claw foot tub that had some serious stains in it. The towel racks were falling off the wall and there was no place to put any toiletries at all. The carpets were worn out, as were the mattresses. But it was very inexpensive, so we got what we paid for, but we will not be back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Elman1952
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oakley, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We ate here several times. Decor was local folk art. The drinking water was excellent, but that is to be expected, That's what they are famous for. Prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cmlcampbell
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stopped here late at night on our way home from Virginia Beach.. just felt like we needed one more day of vacation and we were tired and wanted a good meal and a drink. Although it was 9:00 at night, we were still able to order off of the menu.. the food was excellent... the swordfish was prepared perfectly with a lovely presentation and added spices and sauces. They treated us like gold, although I'm sure they wanted to end their day.. Didn't stay at the hotel only because antiques nauseate me (I'm weird), but we will be sure to come back to Tari's for a meal...

Room Tip: dining area was very attractive
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Steubenville, OH
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My partner and I stopped here for a few quiet days on our way to visit friends in DC and to celebrate my birthday. We took advantage of the package offer that includes two nights stay, one lunch, and one dinner in Tari's Restaurant. - - - all for under $200. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and we had no problems at all. The rooms are basic, but clean and quaint. It was enjoyable to stay right in the town and be able to walk to places for breakfast, dinner, and sightseeing. We also got massages at a spa located around the corner.

The package with dinner and lunch allowed us to choose any item from the varied menu - and this was a really nice feature.

They advertise that their place "Ain't the Ritz," and that is true. However, if you're simply looking for nice lodging and good food for a few days, this is a great value!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2011

When I travel, I prefer to spend most of my money on good food and experiencing the place. I don't spend a lot of time in my room. It's just a place to sleep and all I ask is that it is clean and safe and centrally located for what I want to do and see.

Tari's met my needs on all counts. First, let me praise the restaurant--the food is excellent. I had Pecan-Crusted Salmon on a bed of sweet potatoes with some greens. My sister had a seafood platter big enough for a football player. It had broiled shrimp, clams, scallops, lobster claws with linguine. Both entrees came with salad and delicious bread. As an appetizer, we split an order of baked brie with raspberry jelly under the crust. For dessert, she had a chocolate brownie cake, and I had peanut butter chocolate pie. Everything was delicious.

After eating all this and a few much-needed turns around the block, we headed for our room. We had No. 4, which is at the back so we had no street noise. It's almost like a suite--two rooms with a bathroom in the middle. It would be good for families.

The room reminded me of the B & B's and small hotels I used to visit in England. The furnishings were old and eclectic. The bottom tub surface was worn. My sister had a fancy Victorian wood bed while mine was an iron bed.

Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable..We had lots of fluffy towels, and soap, and shampoo--everything we needed. The only thing I missed was another chair because one of us had to sit on the bed while we talked.

The price was good--$59 for the two of us. That left us money for good meals and for treatments at a spa around the corner. We were able to park on the street and walk to the spa, other eating places, and the little shops in the town.

Berkeley Springs is a charming place to visit, and Tari's is one of its charms. I would certainly stay there again and most definitely eat there.

Room Tip: Recommend Room No. 4
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bardfan75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
0.2 km away
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
2.8 km away
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
15.6 km away
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs

Been to Tari's Premier Cafe and Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK