“Lovely experience, such nice people!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambrae House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Ambrae House
washington, dc
“Lovely experience, such nice people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My husband and I did a quick anniersary overnight stay here last weekend... What a gem! Altho the reviews of it being a bit loud (st traffic) were accurate, I brought ear plugs and it was no problem... you should also note most of the other inns are on the same main drag this one was on, so all things being equal this shouldn't be a factor.

The room (we stayed in the Burgandy room) was beautiful! And the TUB.. OOOhhhh the tub-- we are now trying a redesign of our bathroom for one of those babies! Who needs the public "Roman Baths " when you can sip champagne in your private tub at the Ambrae house?

Lisa and gary couldn't have been sweeter-- made it feel more like seeing old pals than going someplace new for the 1st time.. and the restaurant, bar area and outside deck are super nice.

My only recommend to you and owners... feather pillow option needs to be added to the rooms! I'm a pillow snob and NEED feather-- there wernt any so I had to use rolled up clothes.. if you like a feather pillow, BYOP.
We will go back here. It was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed here over the weekend. I would definatly recommend stopping by. The food was excellent and Lisa was a very welcoming hostess.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

My wife and I stayed three days and nights at Ambrae house for a memorial day getaway from our kids, to do some hiking, and relax in a quiet, mountain spa town. This trip was one of the fondest memories of our life, and staying at Ambrae House helped a lot to make it such a special time. We loved it. The B & B concept was new to us, but Lisa and Gary made us feel right at home. Breakfasts were awesome. The in-room private jacuzzi tub was great after a day of hiking. Room and bed was very comfortable. We don't eat pork or shellfish, but Lisa actually bought turkey bacon just to accomodate us. They go out of the way to make sure you are happy. Ambrae house is the place to stay for sure when we come back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Boiling Springs Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I searched to find the perfect spot, for my get away Birthday. When we arrived at the Ambrae
house I knew I had succeeded. The room, the owners and the food were all above my epectations. We were there only one night but the way we were treated I felt like family. At every turn they went out of their way to please us and make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recomend this B&B to one and all.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner