Ambrae House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
See available hotels
Berkeley Springs Motel(Berkeley Springs)
Hancock Motel(Hancock)
View Hotel
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)
Carefree Inn(Martinsburg)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My wife and I stayed three days and nights at Ambrae house for a memorial day getaway from our kids, to do some hiking, and relax in a quiet, mountain spa town. This trip was one of the fondest memories of our life, and staying at Ambrae House helped a lot to make it such a special time. We loved it. The B & B concept was new to us, but Lisa and Gary made us feel right at home. Breakfasts were awesome. The in-room private jacuzzi tub was great after a day of hiking. Room and bed was very comfortable. We don't eat pork or shellfish, but Lisa actually bought turkey bacon just to accomodate us. They go out of the way to make sure you are happy. Ambrae house is the place to stay for sure when we come back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I searched to find the perfect spot, for my get away Birthday. When we arrived at the Ambrae
house I knew I had succeeded. The room, the owners and the food were all above my epectations. We were there only one night but the way we were treated I felt like family. At every turn they went out of their way to please us and make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recomend this B&B to one and all.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mudbunny
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I did not stay in the B & B as it was already booked but my friends and I went to dinner to celebrate mothers day on Saturday night. The food was excellent, I got the spinach salad topped with grilled tuna and a balsamic viagrette dressing. The Bhang Bhang shrimp and Fried Pickles were perfectly prepared and quickly gobbled up. Live entertainment by Jim Fredo helped to make this the perfect evening celebration.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank strawthom
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I wanted a little getaway. It was our 1st time leaving our 18m/o daughter. After checking reviews online we decided to try the Ambrae House.We have never been to a B&B so were a bit sceptical but it was way better then we could have imagined. We stayed in the Champagne room which was absolutely gorgeous, very clean and beautifully decorated. We had dinner down stairs in the restaurant and everything was delish from the bang bang shrimp to the peanut butter pie. The breakfast that Gary made us was also wonderful. You will deffinitely not leave there hungry. All of the staff is super friendly and nice.
We only stayed one night . We hope to return again in the near future and will deffinitely stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The B&B is beautiful we stayed in the Burgundy room which was beautiful and spacious. The downstairs bar is also wonderful with friendly bartenders and a fabulous wine list. However, it wasn't the place to stay for a nice quiet romantic weekend. The wine bar is fabulous and definitely a fun place unfortunately that means at night it is a super popular place until late into the night. The only thing separating the bar/restaurant from the rooms is a flight of stairs. It's hard to be romantic with the raucous laughter floating up from the downstairs. However, the location is right in the middle of the main drag and walking distance to everything else spas and other restaurants. If you're not looking for quiet romantic nights I would definitely recommend this place. And even if you don't stay come in for a wonderful glass of wine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple