“A precious gem. We definitely hope to be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ambrae House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Ambrae House
Palm Harbor, Florida
“A precious gem. We definitely hope to be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

My wife and I stayed three days and nights at Ambrae house for a memorial day getaway from our kids, to do some hiking, and relax in a quiet, mountain spa town. This trip was one of the fondest memories of our life, and staying at Ambrae House helped a lot to make it such a special time. We loved it. The B & B concept was new to us, but Lisa and Gary made us feel right at home. Breakfasts were awesome. The in-room private jacuzzi tub was great after a day of hiking. Room and bed was very comfortable. We don't eat pork or shellfish, but Lisa actually bought turkey bacon just to accomodate us. They go out of the way to make sure you are happy. Ambrae house is the place to stay for sure when we come back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boiling Springs Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I searched to find the perfect spot, for my get away Birthday. When we arrived at the Ambrae
house I knew I had succeeded. The room, the owners and the food were all above my epectations. We were there only one night but the way we were treated I felt like family. At every turn they went out of their way to please us and make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recomend this B&B to one and all.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mudbunny
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

I did not stay in the B & B as it was already booked but my friends and I went to dinner to celebrate mothers day on Saturday night. The food was excellent, I got the spinach salad topped with grilled tuna and a balsamic viagrette dressing. The Bhang Bhang shrimp and Fried Pickles were perfectly prepared and quickly gobbled up. Live entertainment by Jim Fredo helped to make this the perfect evening celebration.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank strawthom
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I wanted a little getaway. It was our 1st time leaving our 18m/o daughter. After checking reviews online we decided to try the Ambrae House.We have never been to a B&B so were a bit sceptical but it was way better then we could have imagined. We stayed in the Champagne room which was absolutely gorgeous, very clean and beautifully decorated. We had dinner down stairs in the restaurant and everything was delish from the bang bang shrimp to the peanut butter pie. The breakfast that Gary made us was also wonderful. You will deffinitely not leave there hungry. All of the staff is super friendly and nice.
We only stayed one night . We hope to return again in the near future and will deffinitely stay longer.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

The B&B is beautiful we stayed in the Burgundy room which was beautiful and spacious. The downstairs bar is also wonderful with friendly bartenders and a fabulous wine list. However, it wasn't the place to stay for a nice quiet romantic weekend. The wine bar is fabulous and definitely a fun place unfortunately that means at night it is a super popular place until late into the night. The only thing separating the bar/restaurant from the rooms is a flight of stairs. It's hard to be romantic with the raucous laughter floating up from the downstairs. However, the location is right in the middle of the main drag and walking distance to everything else spas and other restaurants. If you're not looking for quiet romantic nights I would definitely recommend this place. And even if you don't stay come in for a wonderful glass of wine.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCP2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
0.3 km away
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
15.7 km away
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
2.9 km away
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
9.0 km away
Super 8 Hancock MD
Super 8 Hancock MD
#1 of 2 in Hancock

Been to Ambrae House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK