Ambrae House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 127
Berkeley Springs Motel(Berkeley Springs)
US$ 56
Travelocity
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
US$ 69
US$ 65
US$ 74
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I searched to find the perfect spot, for my get away Birthday. When we arrived at the Ambrae
house I knew I had succeeded. The room, the owners and the food were all above my epectations. We were there only one night but the way we were treated I felt like family. At every turn they went out of their way to please us and make our stay enjoyable. I would highly recomend this B&B to one and all.

Room Tip: Talk to the owner
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mudbunny
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I did not stay in the B & B as it was already booked but my friends and I went to dinner to celebrate mothers day on Saturday night. The food was excellent, I got the spinach salad topped with grilled tuna and a balsamic viagrette dressing. The Bhang Bhang shrimp and Fried Pickles were perfectly prepared and quickly gobbled up. Live entertainment by Jim Fredo helped to make this the perfect evening celebration.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank strawthom
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I wanted a little getaway. It was our 1st time leaving our 18m/o daughter. After checking reviews online we decided to try the Ambrae House.We have never been to a B&B so were a bit sceptical but it was way better then we could have imagined. We stayed in the Champagne room which was absolutely gorgeous, very clean and beautifully decorated. We had dinner down stairs in the restaurant and everything was delish from the bang bang shrimp to the peanut butter pie. The breakfast that Gary made us was also wonderful. You will deffinitely not leave there hungry. All of the staff is super friendly and nice.
We only stayed one night . We hope to return again in the near future and will deffinitely stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The B&B is beautiful we stayed in the Burgundy room which was beautiful and spacious. The downstairs bar is also wonderful with friendly bartenders and a fabulous wine list. However, it wasn't the place to stay for a nice quiet romantic weekend. The wine bar is fabulous and definitely a fun place unfortunately that means at night it is a super popular place until late into the night. The only thing separating the bar/restaurant from the rooms is a flight of stairs. It's hard to be romantic with the raucous laughter floating up from the downstairs. However, the location is right in the middle of the main drag and walking distance to everything else spas and other restaurants. If you're not looking for quiet romantic nights I would definitely recommend this place. And even if you don't stay come in for a wonderful glass of wine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LCP2010
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stopped in Berkeley, stayed at Ambrea last Fall
I was looking to relocate-
I now live in Berkeley Springs
Berkeley Springs a really nice friendly town, in the mountains of West Virginia
So is Ambrae--warm and friendly, Atmosphere was great
*As a disabled person, they seemed to care and that meant so much to me
The food was good, the people, people skills excellent, nice people

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo