All reviews in house restaurant breakfast buffet nice hotel room was clean west virginia front desk staff overnight stop indoor pool living area spent one night hot tub would stay here again next morning lots of restaurants myrtle beach staff was friendly road trip
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I was in town for business and ended up staying at this hotel for almost a month. It was clean, well-kept and the staff are super-friendly. One night, a storm knocked out the power for most of the town including the hotel. The staff did their best given the circumstances and tried to help all the guests feel comfortable. They passed out glow sticks and loaned lanterns to anyone who needed them. Overall, I was impressed with this hotel and enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I always feel hotels are over priced for their lack of interior design but this place was clean and the sheets were so comfy and soft. The shower was clean and the towels were also incredibly soft. I also loved the fact that my toddler got to have a free meal at the diner! Huge plus for traveling with kids.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This is the friendliest most efficient hotel I have ever stayed in!! Every Wednesday night they have a Managers mingle, where they offer finger food and free beer and wine for all guests. This event is hosted by one of the managers named Matt and he takes the time to introduce the guest's to each other and really creates a great atmosphere in the hotel. The front desk staff Erika and Emily do a great job welcoming each guest with a smile. The rooms are very clean and the housekeeping staff are extremely friendly and efficient. The food at the restaurant is was very good and reasonably priced. Trena and Brian do a great job serving every guest with a smile. The workout facility has a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and free weights. This hotel is truly a home away from home!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2016

We have been staying at this particular Holiday Inn for the last three years as we make an annual vacation trip. This trip the hotel let us down.

What was good: Room was clean, staff was friendly, and the towels were very soft.

We were disappointed because:

We booked a room (prepaid) with two queen beds; the room we were given had two full sized beds, not queens. Further, the room was just off the lobby and as there is no door separating the lobby from the rooms' hallway, any talking in the lobby which was above a whisper could be heard in our room. I was woken twice during the night because of loud voices as other guests returned home and rode the lifts to the upper floors. The shower was the smallest that I think I've ever encountered, and the shower head was so low that I had to squat to rinse my head (I am just 5'9").

We considered staying at the Hampton Inn this year because of the included breakfast, but decided against that as when making our reservations the Hampton showed no rooms with two queen beds. Next year we'll probably book at the Hampton regardless of the availability of queen beds or not, since it seems that this Holiday Inn does not honour a prepaid reservation for a given room configuration.

Room tip: I wouln't accept a room on the first floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Scott D,

You taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay is much appreciated. We are happy that you found our rooms to be clean and our hotel staff to be accommodating. However, we regret that your visit was negatively impacted by the bed configuration that you were allocated. Rest assured, this will be discussed with management to ensure that similar instances are avoided to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Clean rooms, great service and comfy beds. Bartender needed a bit of guidance but was very nice. We met friends here " in the middle" between Ohio and SC. We rode over 300 miles. Good location . Very close to Tamarak

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple