All reviews in house restaurant breakfast buffet nice hotel room was clean west virginia front desk staff overnight stop indoor pool living area spent one night hot tub would stay here again next morning lots of restaurants myrtle beach staff was friendly road trip
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Front desk was very helpful with recommendations of local, non-chain places to get food. We appreciated their candor and assistance.

The hotel was clean, but the walls were very thin so it was a pretty noisy stay.

Room tip: Thin walls, go for the top floor to minimize noise.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Suydam
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Suydam,
Thank you for your review and your kind words about our hotel and staff! Things can get a bit noisy when we are as busy as we have been, my apologies for that. If noise issues are brought to our attention at the time of occurrence we do address them right away. It's very important to us that our guests get a good nights sleep! Please come back and see us again very soon!

JW - GM

Reviewed 3 April 2016

I usually stay at the "other" brand of hotels but the Holiday Inn seemed to be more up to date. The front desk was extremely pleasant and professional upon check in. The hotel does have a restaurant/bar on site which means that they do not have complimentary breakfasts as some others do. Excellent parking out front. The only complaint was the wifi service. It was so slow that I would have to say it is useless. In 20 minutes I was able to refresh two pages. I was forced to use my cell phone as a hot spot in order to complete some business. The hotel attributed this to the high volume of users. I think the hotel will need to upgrade their wifi service as well as provide USB ports to charge electronic devices in the rooms too.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott R
Jay W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I am going to forward your review to our GM to look over in regards to the Wi-Fi issue. The idea of having USB outlets designed and combined with the standard wall outlets would be a fantastic idea that we should definitely consider. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to SC. It is nice because it has everything you need in the hotel. Restaurant, indoor pool free WiFi. It was clean, beds were very comfortable and kid friendly. We would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank georgia m

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we have provided you and your family with a comfortable place to stay any time you decide to stop in Beckley. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed only one night while passing through from PA to NC. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and everything surpassed our standards. We were impressed to stay in such a nice place at a value. The beds were comfortable, the food was great, as was the service. We did not use the pool but it was bigger than most hotel pools I've seen. The staff was friendly and professional. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ourlittlefamily0f3

Thank you for your gracious and glowing review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear we provided you and your family with excellent customer service and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

This was one of the nicest Holiday inn's that I have stayed in. Every thing was nice and clean. You could tell that they take pride in their hotel. The only downside was after traveling all day and night with a family of four and when finally getting to our room to take a well needed showers to find out that for some reason that there was no cold water. Witch makes taking a shower pretty dam interesting. So if you get stuck in room 216 be forwarded.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank fastestcat
Jay W, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear fastestcat,

Thank you for your review and the kind words about our hotel. We do take Pride in our hotel and I am blessed to have this great Team! My apologies for the water issue as we had one of our 100 gallon water heaters die on us Friday night. It caused issues with hot and cold water all over the hotel until I was able to isolate the problem. Please contact me at jwilliamshigm@outlook.com if you would like to discuss the issue further. Please come back and see us soon!!

Jay W - GM